< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: A very fine defense of the 2nd Amendment  (Read 713 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
A very fine defense of the 2nd Amendment
« on: January 18, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: A very fine defense of the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
Well done.  I like how he kept his composure and kept focus on the real issues.  "It's a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs."
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:06:58 AM »
The interviews seem to be improving as guest talkers point out defensive needs. The 2A has been whitewashed with "hunting and sports" to make it appear less of a threat to people's fear. Mass media is clinging to "assault" and "semi-automatic" to propagate ratings and sell commercials. Media twists the words to create fear and emotion without care to result.

I am suprised that no one has questioned the money amounts tucked into the recent Whitehouse gun control release. It is interesting that no one has pointed out the 5 billion dollars of increased deficit spending buried under an old assault weapon bill that never worked.  Who is getting this money (particullary the 4 Billion $$ for "15,000 cops")? These allocations of money are not spelled out for reception, but have definate amounts and obviously intended to go into someone's bank account.  There is rarely anything done politically that doesn't put some money in the hands of someone pretty well unrelated to the core issue. I would like to see someone step outside the smoke and mirrors and show what this whole gun control issue is really about.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:56 PM »
Ouch!  That was brutal for the interviewer.

So, when can I vote for THAT guy?

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX