< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Can we help this young man out?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Can we help this young man out?
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:01:14 PM »
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll post it here for now. 
A young friend of mine has a chance to travel to Washington D.C. to take part in the Junior National Young Leaders Conference.   Lil' Ben is a 6th Grader in Elkhorn that is truly wise beyond his years and his size.  Even though really short for his age (theres a condition there, but I'm not much for medical-eze) Ben has a huge heart of gold and a mind to boot.  To give a quick explanation of his character- Ben recently made the decision to quit the Scouting program.  Why? Because it was interfering too much with his hunting and fishing and camping activities. (Ben is such a good natured, helpful and well rounded kid (with good parents), that Scouting just really had nothing more to offer him)  At meetings I found myself having more intelligent conversations with Ben than many of the adults.  Wanna talk guns or archery or deer hunting?  Grab a chair and a soda, gonna be a while.  (Last time I visited with him, he had literally climbed down from his tree stand with his dad to bring his little brother to a Cub Scout event/ fundraiser.)  He also excels in school, earning many academic awards  year after year. 
I have every bit of faith that Ben WILL go on to be a great leader, the kind this nation truly needs!!
The set back is that it will cost the family out of pocket to send him on this once in a lifetime trip.
His mom has setup this site for anyone that may want to help out;
  http://www.gofundme.com/1vwbmk?pc=fb_cr#description   

I'm not sure if this falls in line with anything the NFOA of the PAF can donate to.  But I thought if a few of us wanted to gather up some cash and donate it as a group, it would be a great investment in our future generation.  If you all could meet him you would understand, Ben is the kinda of kid that gives me hope for the future.  I'm not usually one for these kinds of things, but I believe in this kid.

Thanx for reading and listening. 

Now tell me that's not the face of the kinda of future leader we need.
(Obviously posed since he doesn't have his 'eyes' on)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:04:55 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

A-FIXER

Re: Can we help this young man out?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
What kind of financial cost are you looking for? meaning total of funds are you seeking assistance.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Can we help this young man out?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:33:55 PM »
They have already put down some, but it will cost another $2000 for travel expenses and such.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane