< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: STOLEN: STI Tactical 3.0  (Read 2743 times)

Offline shaggy853

• Steel Benefactor
Re: STOLEN: STI Tactical 3.0
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »
Also posted on The High Road forum.

Fly

Thank you again.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
A suggestion from another forum...

Has your friend checked local or state wide online gun classifieds? Not sure how many LGS and pawn shops are in youre area but a quick face to face with the workers and some pics will go a long way.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline shaggy853

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
On Monday I took the afternoon off of work and went to every pawn shop I know of in Lincoln and Grand Island and gave out business cards that I had made with model, serial, description, LPDs number, my number, etc.  Most conveyed that they didnt need the card because they report purchases to the police.  One got snotty with me and handed the card back and said "there is nothing we can do for you."  I was getting tired of explaining that even if they dont purchase it, they could come across it, take a picture of the individual, and end up with $500 in their pocket.  It was a pretty discouraging afternoon to say the least.

If anyone in the Lincoln/Omaha area has an effective means of distributing the business cards I would be happy to supply them.  I live in Grand Island but travel to Lincoln quite a bit.  Im going to see about setting up a flyer and pile of cards at the entrance to the gun show in Lincoln this weekend if they will let me.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 08:32:38 PM »
Do you remember who got snotty with you? i would like to inform them they will no longer receive my business if they are unwilling to help a fellow gun owner locate his stolen property.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline shaggy853

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »
I wont mention it by name but its located at 27th and Randolph.