< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: SUPPORT LB 335  (Read 5908 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: SUPPORT LB 335
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
Remind me to donate to NFOA again in February.  Loving the discussion <3
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2013, 04:20:34 PM »
I'm enjoying it too, if you couldn't tell.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »
I got a headache thinking about it  ;D

Guess thats what i get for falling on my head  :o

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »
Loving the discussion <3
I was at work today, fixing cars with one hand an typing furiously with the other, and I can't type for ****
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »
A healthy disagreement never killed anybody. I'm glad we've got a place where we can have discussions like this without the drama that other boards seem to have.

Besides, we can always go to a Fienstein thread where we will all likely agree.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:17 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

A-FIXER

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:02 PM »
I getting to like you more and more Super Dan  :kiss:

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
I getting to like you more and more Super Dan  :kiss:
I really should set a better example for the children
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

A-FIXER

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
WHAA....WHAA...WHAA....

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:56 AM »

Some day, this might be a History Lesson.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2013, 02:44:25 PM »
Some day, this might be a History Lesson.

LOL as if :)

I've always been amazed at the level of conversations that occur in the NFOA forum. Even when people disagree, the arguments tend to be on firm foundations on both sides with respect and politeness given to opposing sides.

And.... to top it all off ... where else do you see / get involved in conversations about self defense vs property rights ?

<3
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
Lets take a look at a similar item; Landowners have the right to say no hunting on their property, and that is legally enforceable.  But if a hunter injures an animal and pursue it onto that landowners property for the purpose of humanly killing said animal, and recovering it; the landowner must by law allow that.  Has the landowner had his rights limited, yes, but I don't hear anyone saying we should do away with fair pursuit laws.
Just so you and everyone is aware because I used to believe this to be true as well but you are NOT allowed to retrieve that animal on other people's property.  I have called and talked to a conservation officer about this.  You must get the land owner's permission and he has no responsibility to allow you to retrieve.  And if you do it without his permission you are trespassing.  This is what he told me.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
The harm is that property owners are no longer allowed to restrict items that come on to their property by people who VOLUNTEER to come on to it.

Maybe I don't want bkoeing parking on my parking lot with one of his fully automatic triple barreled assault shotgun.

The fact that no one knows that the weapon is there doesn't change the fact the property owner doesn't want it there and has every right to insist it not be there.

I know that when I walk into someone's house for the first time, I declare that I concealed carry out of politeness to the house owner.  If they are unwilling to let me carry in their house I either leave or decide if I trust them with my safety and stow it in my vehicle.  I've had retired police officers suggest I don't do so and that I just concealed carry the entire time... but.... I respect another man's castle.

Yep. And really, proponents should just read the bill. It is written not to prevent prosecution of innocent gun owners, but to penalize employers who make business decisions about the use of their own property and about whom they elect to employ. If this bill was merely about preventing folks from losing their permits to carry concealed, or about removing criminal penalties for folks tripped up by the ridiculous provisions of the state concealed carry law, I would be 100% in support of it. That isn't what this bill does.

Please, everyone who thinks this is about "gun freedom": read the bill. It is composed of a bundle of new restrictions on whom private employers may fire, and it creates new civil liabilities for employers. This is an attack on the freedom of contract and the right of entrepreneurs to direct their own enterprises and employees as they see fit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:38:01 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »
Just so you and everyone is aware because I used to believe this to be true as well but you are NOT allowed to retrieve that animal on other people's property.  I have called and talked to a conservation officer about this.  You must get the land owner's permission and he has no responsibility to allow you to retrieve.  And if you do it without his permission you are trespassing.  This is what he told me.
You are absolutely correct.