< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill Thursday  (Read 645 times)

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill Thursday
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »
looks considerably worse than the '94 bill...good news is it has almost no chance of passing.

Summary of 2013 legislation
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms; (where's the list?)
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics (what is a military charactersitic?); and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds. 
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
WTF???

need the NRA more now than ever.

Offline SHEP

• NFOA Full Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer
Re: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill Thursday
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »
What a joke! we live a completely different lifestyle than these idiots. We're not constantly surrounded by armed protection. We grew up around grandfathers with rifles who passed their rifles onto our fathers who passed those rifles onto us. I think this is a complete atrocity! What a joke!

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
Re: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill Thursday
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »
What a joke! we live a completely different lifestyle than these idiots. We're not constantly surrounded by armed protection. We grew up around grandfathers with rifles who passed their rifles onto our fathers who passed those rifles onto us. I think this is a complete atrocity! What a joke!

Well said...it's a parallel universe these people inhabit.  As if any one of these measures will do anything but infringe on the 2nd amendment and cost way more money than the fed has to spend while curbing no violence...luckily it's unlikely to pass the house...

Funny, I have my granddad's ruger m77 243 in the closet next to my dads old Winchester 1200.