Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

Everyday Carry Knife

<< < (7/7)

Gary:
I have a knife collection, so I rotate.  My newest knife is a multi tool SOG Power Assist B66-N in black. 

Nebraska12:
I EDC a Kershaw RJ-II. 3.25" tonto blade. I was initially concerned that, because it is an 'assisted opener', that it might actually be illegal. But, I don't live in Lincoln....and I've never even been to Hastings.

In my research however, I've found that 'spring assisted knives' are separated from the 'switchblade' classification due to how they are deployed. If anyone knows anything different about that, I'd certainly be interested.

Anyway, Kershaw has outstanding customer service. I sent a knife in with a broken blade, expecting to get an email  with an estimate of cost for replacement blade and repair. I was completely honest in the work order, explaining what I did to break it. 2 weeks later, I received a new knife in the mail, no questions asked.

While I will always consider the purchase of more expensive and better quality knives, Kershaw has won a fan for life.

bk09:
Ended up going with a Benchmade 470-1. It has been a great knife with a solid assisted opening mechanism and is crazy sharp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version