< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Show posted no ccw  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Lindy

• Steel Benefactor
Gun Show posted no ccw
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:45 AM »
Guess I was just naive to think that I was going to be able to saunter up to the Lancaster event center and attend the gun show with my shiney new ccw permit and Ruger sr40c on hip.  Asked the woman selling tickets about it ( after taking aforementioned gun back to locked vehicle) and she said it was for insurance purposes. I understand clearing the gun and zip tying the actions for open carry, but thought it would be different for ccw.  Does anybody know if it has always been posted?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun Show posted no ccw
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »
With one exception when they moved the show to the event center, has always been posted.  The "insurance purposes" is the typical cop out answer given at these shows. 

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:45:58 AM »
There was people open carrying, but as far back as i can remember the event center has always been posted. Why they would hold a gun show in a posted location is beyond me, but it can probably be laid at the feet of spacial necessity.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
almost every Fun Show i've been to has been posted.  i've thought about open carrying, but im just not man enough.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »
The Ag Park in Columbus is posted but we carry open while in the building during the show and no one seems to get too excited about it.  By far and away the most dangerous place is the security table where guns are checked in and out.  The four rules are routinely violated.  It's scary. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:21:40 AM »
Lancaster Event Center is NOT a posted facility.  The posting comes only in relation to the gun show and the specified area they rent.  As I understand it (and think it is a pretty gray area), they (the GS folks) have the "right" to post and it is enforceable only in that portion of the complex.  There specific rented area with appropriate signage is the only "Victim Hunting Zone" on the grounds.  You would have been okay at the Women's Expo (unless it was posted this year).  With regards to OC...allowed sure, but did you note the plastic tie in the action (or at least should have been there) and unloaded?
In Columbus, they know Lorimor and simply stay out of his way.....

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »
Try to get an insurance policy for a gun show and see how high premium will be if you allow the carry of concealed firearms. There is usually a question on the application for a policy asking this and an additional fee. In this case it is the insurance company.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 06:16:54 PM »
I hate to say it, but this is what happens to all of us when a few idiots out there have negligent discharges at gun shows. Can't say I blame them.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

In Columbus, they know Lorimor and simply stay out of his way.....

Damn straight they do!!  Rough, tough stuff!   And with my creaky knees, they know I'm comin'! :) 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline monkeyboy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »
Try to get an insurance policy for a gun show and see how high premium will be if you allow the carry of concealed firearms. There is usually a question on the application for a policy asking this and an additional fee. In this case it is the insurance company.
    I wonder how some of the other gun shows in Nebr. that aren't posted are able to do it? Are they going without insurance or paying an extra fee? ---Mike.