< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Contacting your Sheriff..  (Read 1950 times)

Offline husker1fanzz

• NFOA Full Member
Contacting your Sheriff..
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:11 PM »
Anyone else email their Sheriff and get NO reply. I emailed Lancaster county sheriff and haven't gotten a response. Just wondering if our sheriffs are on board or not..

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
Re: Contacting your Sheriff..
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:46:28 PM »
Good question. How did you word it? I wouldn't mind sending him one myself.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Left phone message for Sheriff Tim Dunning, Douglas County, on Jan 25th... the DC website offers no publicized email address.  I urged Sheriff Dunning to offer a verbal or written statement regarding his 2nd Amend stance... I urge all NFOA members who live in Douglas County to call Sheriff Dunning at (402) 444-6627.

Offline husker1fanzz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
Left phone message for Sheriff Tim Dunning, Douglas County, on Jan 25th... the DC website offers no publicized email address.  I urged Sheriff Dunning to offer a verbal or written statement regarding his 2nd Amend stance... I urge all NFOA members who live in Douglas County to call Sheriff Dunning at (402) 444-6627.

Good question. How did you word it? I wouldn't mind sending him one myself.
The Subject line was To the Respectable Sheriff of Lancaster County

Dear Sir,

First off I want to thank you for making Lancaster County a safe and great place to live.  Home of our mighty University. I also commend you for your active part in the fight against drugs, which is a major plague in our society (unfortunately). Also, just for making our community a much safer place to live in.

Yes, I have myself been awarded one fine for speeding about 3 years ago, but, in all honesty, I was in the wrong.  I have paid it, took the required course and all is well. 

I am very concerned with the recent issue of the revised Gun Control laws, and am interested in what your stance is in regards to this issue?  I am a LAWFUL, registered gun owner in our county (Cert.#XXXXXX), and, assuming I will be a legal concealed carrier citizen of the State of Nebraska within the next few weeks or so.

I am noting several Sheriff's offices that are making statements and even written letters to the Executive office in Washington. Are you possibly following suit of these other Sheriff’s? I have never, and hope to the good Lord above that I will never have to come face to face with a CRIMINAL and need to use my gun in protection of myself and family.

We the registered owners are not the ones in need of the punishment.  The criminals in our society are the ones responsible, and are the people that need to be punished, and helped with their mental health issues. By taking away the legal, law abiding citizens of this country’s protection, we are being put at risk, and our Second Amendment being taken away. With all of this being done, the CRIMINALS are still holding a gun, and do not care about a law, hence any shooting from any criminal in the past. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I hope to hear from you in regards to the above issues soon.
 This was my letter, and of course I actually cave my Certificate number to him in the place of the XXXXXX's

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »
can somone who has more time than me pool together a list of email addresses and phone numbers of the sheriffs in each county.  this would be an excellent outreach for each member to put our full effort into.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:31 PM »
nice I will start working on my form letter to a few of them tonight, thanks for the link Sir.

Offline husker1fanzz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »
Any replies to Lancaster County yet? Nothing on mine.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
Here is my letter to Terry Wagner. 

Hello Sheriff. 

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you  for the work you and your department do.  I also wanted to learn what your stance would be on the gun control laws being debated in Washington D.C. 

I am in support of the constitution and against any  infringement upon it.  If the constitution needs to be changed, then they should do so and I will gladly comply.  However, being the supreme law enforcement officer of the county, as all county Sheriffs are, I am subjected to your enforcements of laws, be they constitutional or not.  So the question that we are led to, is this:  Will you  enforce anti-constitutional edicts, mandates, or even laws that are passed from the federal level?

The tragedies that have occurred are clearly being capitalized on by those with an anti-constitutional agenda.  I don’t blame most people who agree with gun control as many of them simply do not know their  history or choose not to form their own opinions.  Instead, it seems to me, that they believe what they are told to believe.  They are my neighbors and my relatives. They want to believe the government has their best interest at heart, and at the local level, they are probably correct.

They want the killing to stop and think that by taking the guns away from everyone is the way to do it.  The facts just do not support this.  Look at New York, or closer to home, Chicago.  They have the strictest gun control laws but the highest gun crime rates because law abiding citizens have been deprived of their right to self defense.  Now it seems they want to pass the same laws onto the rest of the country.  I don’t want that and I do not think they would either if those laws were implemented nationally.  Again, looking at New York, Chicago, and Detroit as portents of how well these gun-control laws work and their unintended consequences.

I am a lawful gun owner. I am a concealed carry permit holder. I am a veteran with combat experience.  I have taken advance classes in conceal carry classes, legal ramifications classes and armorer classes.  I participate weekly in shooting sports and work alongside LPD as well in a security role.  As my neighbor, I would hope that you can appreciate those of us who are responsible, well trained, law abiding, tax-paying, voting citizens and support our right to self defense from those that would do us harm.  I would also hope, even implore,  that you would consider joining the ranks of Sheriffs from across our nation who have committed themselves to defending the constitution by defying any gun control mandates.  You have a unique power to show those at the federal level that the real power in our system of government is at the local level.    Please exercise that power in favor of your constituency.

Thank you for all you and your team do, and thank you for keeping us safe.  I really hope to hear back from you on these issues.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:26:48 PM by gigabelly »
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
Go post gig.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 11:09:53 AM »
I just sent the following email to the Lancaster County sheriff (I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply, but if I do get one, I will post it on the NFOA site):

As a voter living in Lancaster County I am interested in finding out what Sheriff Wagner's position is on the illegal gun control edicts being promoted by anti-gun bigots in Washington.  Sheriffs from some other areas have made their views known.  Here are a few simple questions I'd like answered if you don't mind:

Do you support any restriction on so-called assault weapons or limits on magazine capacity?

Do you support government involvement every time a person sells or gives away a gun?

Do you support registration lists of all guns in private hands kept by government?

Will you enforce edicts coming from Washington even if they are a clear violation of the Constitution?

Are you a member of the NRA?

Do you support Mayor Bloomberg's group Mayors Against Illegal Guns (I know you're not a mayor)?

Thank you for your time, and thank you for the job you do protecting the good citizens of our county
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
Excellent DepServ.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  He lives in my  neighborhood.  Maybe I should deliver them in person......or not.  That might work against me. 

Still, we should deluge our sheriffs with these letters.  I am curious if someone sent him a letter from "the dark side," if they would have received a response by now.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
I actually got a response from Sheriff Wagner's office right after I sent my email.  It's a form letter he posted and it doesn't answer the questions I asked, but at least it's something.  Here's a link to it:

http://lancaster.ne.gov/sheriff/media/media020713.pdf
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
FYI – worth a look

http://www.sheriffs.org/

National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is the one of the largest association of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.

http://www.sheriffs.org/sites/default/files/uploads/NSA%20President%20Letter%20to%20Vice%20President%20of%20the%20U.S..pdf
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
More: Interesting information from a very reliable source:

Sheriffs have already been eliminated in Connecticut and given limited powers in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.

The scenario presented though is impossible as the Sheriff can only be eliminated by a vote of the people.

Biden will want all of the Sheriff's eliminated as The National Sheriff's Association stood unified Friday at a Press Conference in Wash DC to denounce Biden's & Obama's Gun Control Plan.  Go to the National Sheriff's Association website to view the Press Release.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »
More: Interesting information from a very reliable source:

Sheriffs have already been eliminated in Connecticut and given limited powers in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.

The scenario presented though is impossible as the Sheriff can only be eliminated by a vote of the people.

Biden will want all of the Sheriff's eliminated as The National Sheriff's Association stood unified Friday at a Press Conference in Wash DC to denounce Biden's & Obama's Gun Control Plan.  Go to the National Sheriff's Association website to view the Press Release.

I've seen this but not dug into the legal grounds for which the power-to-arrest was removed and stuff.  I was basically waiting a month or two for heads to roll :)
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D