< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Guns America: Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?  (Read 601 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Guns America: Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/are-american-gun-owners-a-bunch-of-fools/

Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?
by ADMINISTRATOR on JANUARY 24, 2013
Quick Links:

Find and Contanct your Representative in the US House by Zip Code:
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Contact Your Senators :
http://www.senate.gov/

The American gun owning public is being duped again, just like we were duped the two weeks before the election when we were convinced that Romney was ahead by several percentage points. The media, including our “friends” at Fox, Drudge, and other “conservative” outlets, are attempting to sell us the concept that the “assault weapon ban” legislation can’t pass, and this is a lie. We are told that Bill Clinton sternly warned his party that they will be punished in the mid-terms, and that the NRA is “too powerful” for any real legislation to make it through congress. This is also a lie. Behind our backs, the political machine is crafting public opinion in what have become the majority voting blocks to convince national and state legislators that they are safe for the next election… and they are safe. American gun owners didn’t show up in force for the last election, and we are not feared as a voting block any longer. Don’t be a fool and believe it when they tell us we can’t lose. We are going to get beaten again if we don’t act. And this time it isn’t a slippery slope. This time they are going to outlaw an entire class of guns with no loopholes.
Read more at the link.

This was exactly my concern when Fox News was making claims that Romney was ahead in the polls.  When you start pushing this information, people get lazy and don't vote because they figure it is in the bag.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Guns America: Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »
Honestly, the polls were pretty accurate. There were just some who refused to believe the vast majority of the data.

I also think an AWB has less of a chance with Obama as President. Had one gotten to a President Romney's desk, he would sign it. With Republicans in Congress so opposed to the President, I don't think there is a chance of a bill getting to the White House. That, of course, is not a reason for complacency. We need to keep up the pressure.

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
Not to mention all the corrupt end around procedural tactics they'll invent in the next few months.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »
I also think an AWB has less of a chance with Obama as President. Had one gotten to a President Romney's desk, he would sign it.

I don't believe this is true.  Now mind you, I am NOT a huge Romney fan.  However, Romney is a chameleon as are all the career politicians.  Once in office he would have towed the party line, for better or worse. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum