< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: proposed fair gun control law  (Read 647 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
proposed fair gun control law
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
I'd like to propose a gun control law that is based in fairness, equality, and social justice.  The basis of this law is that the life of one American is as valuable as the life of another; the elite members of our society are not more valuable than the common people. 

So here's my proposed law:

All bodyguards, including both government and private sector, are subject to the same gun control laws that the general population are subject to; this includes the types of weapons that can be kept and born, as well as how and where they can be carried.  There are no exceptions to this.

Opponents of my law will claim that training is what magically makes those who guard the elite not subject to the same laws the rest of us are.  This though is an obvious lie, because training does not make a person less likely to commit murder or suicide, and gun accidents, which are very rare, are not affected by the kinds of gun control laws that are only applied to the common people.  It clearly is not training that makes the difference; it's an elitist view that some lives are more valuable than others.

If gun control makes common people more safe instead of less safe, it should have the same effect on the rich and powerful.  So the question is, will those who claim to support fairness, equality, and social justice support my law?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

A-FIXER

Re: proposed fair gun control law
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
We must be just as the machine that runs the current whitehouse and be relentless in placing our opinion non stopping in support of all of our rights, I agree here we are like minded and that needs to change to the public talk... talk... talk... to everyone all the time, at work give examples how firearms need to be kept Free and frank in all discussions to perserve our rights as a People in this country...
I am not saying that to scare the bejibbers out of them but you each know how to speak to the people you would have interaction with either younger or older such as an intruder or such... We must start
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:52:10 AM by A-FIXER »

Offline MajorPandemic

• NFOA Full Member
Re: proposed fair gun control law
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »
Here is my crack at the Fair Personal Protection of Nebraska

-----------------------------------------

LB NOT YET NUMBERED – Fair Personal Protection Act of Nebraska

… Shall be known and may be cited in the Nebraska Criminal Code,
Sec 2,
(1) For  purposes of this section;
(a)   “Non-Resident” shall mean person and/or person who do not have a primary residence in Nebraska.
(b)   “Federally Regulated Device” shall mean any firearm, firearm accessory, ammunition, pain generating, and/or destructive device which are Federally controlled, banned, regulated, and/or otherwise would require special Federal taxation and/or Federal registration by a common law abiding citizen.
   (i) Examples of Federally Regulated Device(s) include items as regulated in the 1934 National Firearms Act, Gun Control Act of 1968, and Firearms Owner Protection Action of 1986 and any newer more current regulations.
(c)    “Illegal Use” shall mean carry, display, and/or discharge of any Federally Restricted Device

(2)    Fair Personal Protection Act prohibits any elected Federal Official or Non-Resident Congressional official from having special access or Illegal Use to a Federally Regulated Device for personal protection (whether provided personally or with security personnel are banned and/or un-available without registration and/or without cost/taxation to qualifying legal US Citizens.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any Non-Resident elected Federal officials and/or Non-Resident US Congressional representatives visiting the state of Nebraska on official or personal business to possess on their person and/or within their transportation Federally Regulated Device(s).
(b) ) It shall be unlawful for any non-Nebraska resident bodyguards, security, and/or Federally assigned security providing security to non-Nebraska resident elected Federal officials or US Congressional representatives visiting the state of Nebraska on official or personal business, to possess, discharge, or carry for protection of themselves or others Federally Regulated Device(s).

(3) Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a Class IV felony.

(4) Exclusion to this section include:
(a)    This section shall not apply to all Federally Restricted Device(s) which are in an unloaded state (if firearm or destructive device), and cased, and secured via a locking mechanism and not easily accessible by any person(s) within the transportation vehicle or in open areas.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:45:17 AM by MajorPandemic »