< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My Wife's & My Concealed Handgun Permit Class Was Today  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
My Wife's & My Concealed Handgun Permit Class Was Today
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:47:53 PM »
Drove to Fairbury to take the class from Bruce Swartz in the Sheriffs office training room, then off to a sail barn at the edge of town for the range portion of the class.

I would give Bruce high marks on all sides.  He was very helpful with my wife and her shooting segment.  As he did a little hands on, showing her some safety skills, another class student was refilling her 9mm magazine.

My test score was 28 out of 30, and my range score was 30 out of 30, shooting a 10mm Glock 20.

My Wife's test graded 29 out of 30 and likewise her shooting score of 29 out of 30.  We both shot 100% in the practice go round shooting.

My wife and I both passed, with tied overall scores, which makes a great long drive home with no sad faces.

Thank you Bruce, for a great class.  He answered all questions put to him, and in my lifetime of being around guns, I saw no red flags go off in my head about his teaching on firearms, or his being a range instructor. 

My mindset, is one of compliance, and putting up with the literal tax on my Second Amendment rights of no Infringements.  I personally feel this class, and the CCW permit issued by the State of Nebraska and all it stands for is a chip from the corner stone of the Second Amendment, but sometimes, you take the lessor of two evils, and take what you get.  Our CCW laws are what we have, and I would hope to someday be able to carry a gun as a completely free man under my United States Constitution, but until that day comes, I appreciate Bruce Swartz and his class that helped me comply with the laws in a straight forward way.

Thanks again Bruce.

Offline NB

• NFOA Full Member
Re: My Wife's & My Concealed Handgun Permit Class Was Today
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:52:33 PM »
Did you miss the snow mobile question?  That one cracked me up.
You can hope in one hand and crap in the other, then see which one fills up first.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »
We got that one correct.  Game and Parks does not want guns on snowmobiles.  lol  4 wheeler is ok?

We missed the kidnapping question.  I guess if someone is being kidnapped, you can kill them.  Trouble is, how do you know someone is being kidnapped till it is over?   So you can kill someone if you fear being kidnapped?

I can't remember the other one I missed.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:37:27 PM »
My mindset, is one of compliance, and putting up with the literal tax on my Second Amendment rights of no Infringements.  I personally feel this class, and the CCW permit issued by the State of Nebraska and all it stands for is a chip from the corner stone of the Second Amendment, but sometimes, you take the lessor of two evils, and take what you get.  Our CCW laws are what we have, and I would hope to someday be able to carry a gun as a completely free man under my United States Constitution,

That is the problem with law. The law abiding people get stuck with all the limitations and fees. Criminals do as they want without cost. A typical NE CCW class is $150 to $200 and $100 at the SP and maybe a notary fee.  Next door in IA, maybe $40-$50 class and $50 to the local Sheriff. Or north in SD.....

Congratulations on your accomplishment! Hope you have a SP nearby. I will have a 60 mile drive and have to show up on their terms (appointment available for Monday or Tuesday).

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:47:03 PM »
We missed the kidnapping question.  I guess if someone is being kidnapped, you can kill them.

If someone is being kidnapped, you can kill them?!  :o  Is that like a mercy killing?  I would think the victim would rather that you killed the kidnapper. 

Oh well...if that is what the law says, then I guess you can do it.  :laugh:

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »
My first CCW permit was in Iowa many years ago.  The sheriff in each county admin the program, and it seems to me the whole cost was about $30, as I remember.  No range time,