General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Army Ranger 1st LT Michael Behenna was Sentenced to 25 Years

(1/2) > >>

NENick:
http://www.defendmichael.com/

--- Quote ---"On March 20th, 2009, Army Ranger 1st Lieutenant Michael Behenna was sentenced to 25 years in prison for killing Ali Mansur, a known Al Qaeda operative while serving in Iraq. Mansur was known to be a member of an Al Qaeda cell operating in the lieutenant’s area of operation and Army intelligence believed he organized an attack on Lt. Behenna’s platoon in April 2008 which killed two U.S. soldiers and injured two more. Army intelligence ordered the release of Mansur and Lt. Behenna was ordered to return the terrorist to his home.
During the return of Mansur, Lt. Behenna again questioned the Al Qaeda member for information about other members of the terrorist cell, and financial supporters. During this interrogation, Mansur attacked Lt. Behenna, who killed the terrorist in self-defense. The government subsequently prosecuted Lt. Behenna for premeditated murder.

Not only is this a miscarriage of justice on the behalf of Lt. Behenna, who was acting to prevent further loss of life in his platoon, it is demoralizing to the U.S. troops who continue to fight on behalf of the freedom and security of our nation. Whether it is U.S. border patrol agents, members of the armed forces, or FBI agents, no individual who is serving on the frontlines in the War on Terror should be so blatantly mistreated.
--- End quote ---

I'll trust and support one of our guys over Hajj any day. If you feel that this Soldier doesn't deserve what he's getting, I'd encourage you to support him. I donated.

CitizenClark:

--- Quote from: NENick on January 28, 2013, 04:09:32 PM ---http://www.defendmichael.com/

I'll trust and support one of our guys over Hajj any day. If you feel that this Soldier doesn't deserve what he's getting, I'd encourage you to support him. I donated.

--- End quote ---

Racism is racist.

I don't "trust" anyone just because they happened to be born in a certain geographical location, speak a certain language, or wear a certain costume. And I don't automatically assume that the killing of a "foreigner" was righteous just because that individual at some previous time and location had a firearm and some ammunition.

And look, it isn't a matter of trusting a 'Murrican soldier or trusting an Iraqi. The principal witness against Behenna in the court martial was his battle buddy and accomplice in this murder--the guy who helped him to disfigure and conceal the body of his victim.

CitizenClark:

gigabelly:
Well, THAT sucks.

Phantom:
I fell sorry for him

But i don't have enough Information about what actualy happened to decide right or worng here.
Was he convicted under the UCMJ. ?  If not why not ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version