< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: RIP Chris Kyle, USN SEAL  (Read 813 times)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
RIP Chris Kyle, USN SEAL
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
Word came to me just a bit ago that a great man was taken from us today. Chris Kyle, US Navy Seal, and a friend were gunned down in Texas this afternoon.

Police claim to have apprehended the primary suspect/shooter.

Only other details I can find are that Chris may have been hosting an event for wounded vets when the suspect shot and killed him and the other unidentified individual.

Chris was a legend in his own right, with over 160 confirmed kills as a SEAL sniper during 4 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. His actions earned him the nickname "The Devil of Ramadi".

RIP Brother.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Re: RIP Chris Kyle, USN SEAL
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
It's a sad day for America  :(

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
Peace

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
RIP Chris. 

From Foxnews:

Chris Kyle, a former U.S. Navy SEAL credited with the largest number of confirmed kills, was one of two people fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range Saturday, Texas Highway Patrol confirmed to Fox News.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant told the Star-Telegramthat Kyle, 38, was shot by a suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, around 3:30 p.m.

Routh allegedly opened fire on the two men before fleeing in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the report.

Routh was found at about 8 p.m. Saturday at his residence and taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, where he was arraigned on two counts of capital murder.

35-year-old Chad Littlefield was also killed in the shooting.

Kyle set the record for confirmed sniper kills at 150 and received multiple valor awards, including five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Silver Stars, according to US military records.

Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009.

Kyle was sued by former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura over a portion of the book that claims Kyle punched Ventura in a 2006 bar fight over unpatriotic remarks. Ventura says the punch never happened and that the claim by Kyle defamed him.

Kyle had asked that Ventura's claims of invasion of privacy and "unjust enrichment" be dismissed, saying there was no legal basis for them. But a federal judge said the lawsuit should proceed. Both sides were told to be ready for trial by Aug. 1.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »

I'm not gonna jump on my box quite yet until more info is released (preferably the truth), but I will don my 'tin hat' long enough to say my gut (which I treated well with Phat Jacks BBQ yesterday ;) ) says soemthing just don't feel right here.

RIP to an American Hero.  (personal thought- the PGR ride for this would be nothing short of Amazing!)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »
RIP Chris.

We need more Heroes like you