< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 9mm Metallic Cartridge Reloading Clinic Monday, 11February2013 Papillion, NE  (Read 5058 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
One Thing for Sure:

Unfy, Gigabelly, and Markk are clearly not the culprits who are causing this current Incredible Shortage of 9mm ammo.

BTW......Won't kill youse guys to load a few rounds of 9mm, then go straight home, set up your .40S&W dies and start reloading .40S&W.

And--everything unfy said up above about not mixing calibers on the bench is Pure Reloading Gospel and could be set to Organ Music.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Markk

• NFOA Full Member
SemperFiGuy,
Leave me off of the list for the 9mm clinic, I don't want to take a spot someone else could use. I will follow this thread and if there is still an opening right before the class I will sign up. I will keep an eye out for a 40 S&W in the future.
Thanks,

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
I know of 6 guys, including myself, who want the RSO course ASAP.   We all are looking for any credentials we can get, NRA or otherwise. 
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline kevins7189

• NFOA Full Member
if space is available I would like to attend.

thank you
“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”  --Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
Clinic is taking shape as follows:

1)     Gigabelly
2)     ckspeed
3)     iamjlira
4)     kevins7189
5)

Unfy's Details:

* Safety glasses or sturdy prescription glasses
* 10-15 empty / fired 9mm cases
* note taking materials if you're the note taking type
* $20

Sfg's Stipulations
We have limited space for this activity.   Therefore, only sign up if you Absolutely Will Be There.   We don't want anyone to reserve a spot and then do the Infamous Last Minute Dropout Caper.   You sign up; you be there.   Then unfy and I will come and hold the clinic.   Our mutual contract.

We move onward.............

sfg

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:28:58 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline huskersforever

• Forum Member
SemperFiGuy, hoping you guys do another reload class....just can't make Monday evenings. I would be very interested in taking a NRA RSO class if you offer one.

Offline Jutty

• NFOA Full Member
SFG, I talked to you during the CHP class, but put me down for tentative (if a 9mm user would take the spot). Monday the 25th would be a great day for me to do a 40S&W class  8)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
Jutty....

If you're a .40S&W guy and don't shoot 9mm, then we should set up a .40S&W class for you and others of the same situation.   Markk has indicated interest in such, as well.

Now---as it happens, Monday, February 25 would work out quite well for a .40S&W reloading clinic/class so let's start moving in that direction.   The main action needed now is for you and others to recruit wannabe .40S&W reloaders for the class.

We'll have to see if unfy wants to be involved that evening, since he--too--is of your particular fraternity.    [What's going on??   Everybody has Big Fat Fingers??.....can't handle those little bitty .3555 diameter 9mm bullets???   (Actually, I use tweezers for 9mm.)]

Anyhow, the ball is rolling.    I'll figger you for 25Feb instead of Monday, 11Feb unless you say otherwise.

And---an RSO course is in the works in the near future.

sfg

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
I'll gladly help out with a class on the 25th as well as the already scheduled one on the 11th :).

Do note that the only tangible reason to attend a 9mm or 40s&w class over the other is if you don't happen to own a firearm in one caliber.  IE: if you don't own a 9mm... then you kind of lack the joy of running down the range and firing off your freshly made ammo if ya attend the 9mm clinic.

The clinics will be *IDENTICAL* between 9mm/40s&w.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
I can't make a Monday night in Papillion, but I would be willing to donate 50 or so once fired cases, if there is a need. 

UNFY- We still need to meet up for the great primer exchange, that is if you're still interested.

SFG or anyone, shoot me a PM if you need a few casings for this fine class.  I am in Lincoln/Waverly and could meet up during the lunch hour (12-1) or before class (5pm) on weekdays.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
Well, I would rather do 40. I don't really care which one I do.  If you need me in one to make the class a go, let me know.  Otherwise, give my slot to someone who wants to do 9mm.  I want to get the NRA paper anyway so I am likely to repeat the course.  I would rather just take it once but since I signed up for it, I will be there if you need me, just let me know.
Man, that is confusing.

Take me off the list unless you need me to take the course for the class to go.  There.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline Oleshome

• NFOA Full Member
Sign me up as well.  I don't have 9mm now but plan on getting one.  In any circumstance it's the procedures of reloading I want to learn...  Gigabelly, i'd be willing to split gas with you and share a ride.

Offline Jutty

• NFOA Full Member
SFG, ok, my fault, I forgot (good thing I have a lady to remind me) that I will be out of town the last week in February.  :( Sorry if I threw a wrench into the mix there.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
Time for Reloading Team Substitutions:

Gigabelly is Out for now, temporarily.   Goes on the Bench.   But.....Gig gets to play on 25Feb13 in the .40S&W game.   

Oleshome goes in the 9mm clinic for Gigabelly.     Jutty gets Red-shirted for a game until his schedule clears.

Neeco backs up the Team w/9mm brass.   We'll have to figger out how to connect.   And in due time we will suit up Neeco and play him.   Maybe in the Reloading Quarterfinals.

If the Lights Stay On, we've got a Winner.

Clinic is taking shape as follows:

1)     Gigabelly  Oleshome
2)     ckspeed
3)     iamjlira
4)     kevins7189
5)     lilong

Unfy's Details:
* $20

Sfg's Stipulations

We have limited space for this activity.   Therefore, only sign up if you Absolutely Will Be There.   We don't want anyone to reserve a spot and then do the Infamous Last Minute Dropout Caper.   You sign up; you be there.   Then unfy and I will come and hold the clinic.   Our mutual contract.

We move onward.............

[I ordered 10 NRA RSO training packets today.]

sfg & unfy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:26:37 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
If you have a Lincolnite in the group, I would be willing to meet up and hand over some brass.  If not, I am trying to get to Cabelas this weekend to meet up with UNFY to have a primer swap, so I could also drop off the brass then (wife permitting, of course).

If you are in Lincoln or Waverly and are planning on attending this seminar, shoot me a pm and we can arrange the details. 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
Neeco..........

If you are meeting up w/unfy this weekend, the easiest thing to do is just hand over the brass to hm.

He'll be there Monday evening.   He can just bring it to the clinic.

And thanks for your support of the program.

sfg

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
Neeco..........

If you are meeting up w/unfy this weekend, the easiest thing to do is just hand over the brass to hm.

He'll be there Monday evening.   He can just bring it to the clinic.

And thanks for your support of the program.

sfg

That's just it, it's a tentative plan so far.  I'll know more closer to this weekend.

Thank YOU for helping those in search of training.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
Clinic is Now Fully Booked, as follows:

1)     Oleshome
2)     ckspeed
3)     iamjlira
4)     kevins7189
5)     lilong

Unfy's Details:
* $20

Sfg's Stipulations

More Later.

sfg

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
It was a pleasure fellas.

Remember, students, if ya got any questions, feel free to ask here in the forum (preferably the reloading section) or via a PM or similar.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
Five (5) Brannew Metallic Pistol Cartridge Reloaders............

Went out the door of the Paragon Firearms Training Center late last night.   We covered the entire 9mm reloading process from tumbling the brass all the way through to seating the bullets and measuring cartridge overall length.

The final step will be when the New Grads go out and shoot their finished cartridges to check the final results.   We expect they will now be able to approach their own reloading activities with confidence.    We'll leave it up to the New Grads to provide their impressions here on the Forum, should they wish to do so.

Very Special Expressions of Thanks Go Out to Three Active, Involved NFOA Forum Members:

Unfy:   His Steady, Solid, Excellent technical assistance is a strong asset to the Reloading Clinic.

Altheman2:    He voluntarily made a very valuable contribution to the Reloading Clinic program and drove in a considerable distance from outside Omaha to do so.

Neeco:   He donated some very scarce 9mm brass to the effort, which we used last night all through the demonstrations.

My thanks go out to all three of these Reloading Clinic Boosters.   They make it work.

Now----on to organizing the .40S&W Reloading Clinic to be held on February 25 at the Paragon Firearms Training Center.   [Separate post.]

Thanks again to unfy, Altheman2, and Neeco.

sfg
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:30:24 AM by SemperFiGuy »