< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: More double dealing by the NRA  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
Re: More double dealing by the NRA
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »
Use the NRA for lobbying on national issues. We as an organization need to be the first line of defense on gun issues at the state, county, and local levels. NFOA can get a lot more done in Lincoln than the NRA can.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: More double dealing by the NRA
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »
Use the NRA for lobbying on national issues. We as an organization need to be the first line of defense on gun issues at the state, county, and local levels. NFOA can get a lot more done in Lincoln than the NRA can.

That's the most important thing to take away from this thread.
NRA Life Member.

Offline iiranger

• Forum Member
Oh get real... Re: More double dealing by the NRA
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:31 PM »
The quick and cheap way to stay "up to date" is to log into shotgunnews.com and read the Knox Report (or send Knox money for a subscription/hard copy) and other political columns. Neal, RIP, is gone but Chris is carrying on. Never did get the details about the fight with Harlon Carter, but plenty disappointed when Neal was cheated out of the President Post to give it to Heston. Heston could have been better used, but did plenty. Neal was no where as "slick." Hollywood. C.H. just got in by crooked politics which he probably did not understand himself.

The NRA was founded to hold competitions and distribute the surplus military arms and ammo (DCM = Director of Civilian Marksmanship), etc. These are nice soft cushy quasi government jobs.

The politics is auxiliary. (Damn them.) And "lobbying" too.

Anyone think they are going to throw this cushiness away by upsetting (p_ng off) the officials in office that make it all possible? Dumb. The number that have to be re elected now and then is tiny vs. the number of bureaucrats that serve for life...  Of course the cut backs... I was plenty upset when as a JR member I couldn't buy surplus Springfield '06 barrels at 3 for $6.00. Had to be adult member. [$3.00 and age vs $5.00. Long ago.]

In an E. Keith biography he tells of the NRA paper punchers approached by sissies about the new caliber/gun TOO powerful for civilians. -!!!!!-  Had to restrict it to the military and police ONLY!!! And the NRA paper punchers were buying into this nonsense. That was the .357 Magnum.

Now concern about ruling on the 2nd was justified. "Gun control" has been with us in this country for couple centuries. And our legal system is based on "stari decisis." [ Latin: "stand by the decision, the prior decision."]  "Shoot out At the O.K. Coral" was about "gun control." Tombstone had an ordinance against carrying in town. Since the cowboys had just arrived... they could have packed up the iron and entered town or left town. What started the shooting, hard to tell. BUT the Earps acted "under color of law." I.E. they had badges. And this made their pushiness legit and got them off.

When all this started, Roberts and Alito were not on the court... Miller had gone for the government position (Frank Roosevelt sissy liberal time) 'cause no one showed up to represent Miller... I think he had died.

What is needed, as suggested, is local, regional, state, organizations active in politics [the squeaky wheel gets the grease...] and waiting for the NRA... bad idea.

There was video on Lincoln cable public access, years back/ NRA T.V. I think it was Marion Hammer, interviewed, said that she got the CCP program up and going well in Florida AND THEN the NRA showed up to "help" (and keep an eye on her, bet). Hopefully, NFO can be a small part of what is needed. Watch for the NRA showing up to "help."