< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Colorado May Grant SS Powers To Arrest  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Colorado May Grant SS Powers To Arrest
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:02:00 AM »
WOW! just WOW  :o
I can cross Colorado off of the list of states I wouldn't mind living in.
They have gone mad. The air must be getting real thin in them mountains.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 08:00:10 AM »
I agree, this is crazy. We haven't taken an out of State vacation in a few years. There's a big event coming to Colorado we were interested in and have been planning on going. Not now. I won't enter that State until some positive changes are made.

I wonder if this Bill is more in response to the legalization of marijuana more than it is about gun control? If local law enforcement can't arrest a citizen over marijuana, we'll just let the Feds handle it...something like that maybe. Though it sounds like several Colorado Sheriff's are refusing to support the recent new gun laws, so again, maybe their Government is thinking "fine, we'll let the Feds handle it".

I've read that 3 companies (Magpul is one obviously) and around 10,000 citizens have left or are making plans to leave the State, but I haven't seen many facts to back up the numbers.

Crazy...

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/visitcolorado

The Colorado Tourism Facebook page was slammed a couple days ago with people voicing their feelings over the recent laws. Most were boycott/not vacationing there type comments. The other day it was covered up with pictures and "love Colorado" comments. Obviously an organized effort to flood out the response to the gun control.

It is still valuable to let them know how they will suffer from this decision/enactment.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »
Good thing MY beer comes from the Redneck state of Missouri  and not the mountains of Colorado.   (poke,poke )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »
Tin foil hat warning, dawn, fasten under chin, enter at own risk.

Sometimes when you find the 4, you need to see how that happened and go looking for 2 + 2.

One interesting item in colorados recent past is that denver airport and the extencive tunnel system below it.

I personally think denver area is the new DC, and the laws we see passing lean in those directions.

Dont understand the pot laws laxing.  That does not seem to fit in with big gov taking over the state.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:14 PM »
Hmmmm SS eh? sounds a lot like Hitler's SS

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
Tin foil hat warning, dawn, fasten under chin, enter at own risk.

Sometimes when you find the 4, you need to see how that happened and go looking for 2 + 2.

One interesting item in colorados recent past is that denver airport and the extencive tunnel system below it.

I personally think denver area is the new DC, and the laws we see passing lean in those directions.

Dont understand the pot laws laxing.  That does not seem to fit in with big gov taking over the state.

It's not the Fed they are modeling after - it is Kalifornia 2.0

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
Secret Service agents are few and far between.  Most major cities have an office with a few agents, I think Omaha has about 5 or so.  That of course ramps up when a high level visitor stops in, but its temporary. 

The Secret Service's main focus is on dignitary protection and of course Treasury issues, since they were formerly a part of the Treasury Department.  I can see them having a larger section in Denver because of the mint, but it should not be a concern in most places.
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline springfield40

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 04:42:12 PM »
Well I can say this, I will never set foot in that state unless my life, or someone I love's life is in jeopardy.  I moved out of Commifornia to escape that lunacy, and I won't be going back there either unless it is absolutely necessary.  Those people have completely lost their minds!!
Quite honestly I can't see this ending well for any side of this argument.  The divide between the two sides of the argument seems to spreading ever further apart, with the threat of this blowing up getting increasingly volatile. 

Frank