< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Acquisition in Boston, no waiting period, no paperwork  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Gun Acquisition in Boston, no waiting period, no paperwork
« on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »
the punks from Russia involved in the sporting event bombing, only had one handgun as they were looking to get out of Boston.   How to solve this problem?   the older brother, with a hidden handgun, walks up to a  police officer, as if to ask directions, and point blank assassinated the officer. the officers duty belt, had a system of locking the handgun to the holster, that the punks could not figure out yanking on it, so they fled empty handed.

they killed a police officer, to try to get one more handgun, and failed. the police officer died, because these punks needed a gun.

That ranks right up there with the tragic stories of this event.

to the LEO's that serve our great nation, I am sorry your job sometimes requires you give more than should be allowed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:44:05 AM by Gary »

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
Re: Gun Acquisition in Boston, no waiting period, no paperwork
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:27:15 AM »
The penalty for all murders via firearm should be firing squad on live TV with mandatory viewing required by all jail/prison inmates...  8)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »
The penalty for all murders via firearm should be firing squad on live TV with mandatory viewing required by all jail/prison inmates...  8)
What's the point of that? The inmates are already in jail for something.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »

>:D Devil's advocate here; be careful what you wish for there. In a perfect world, fine.  But in today's reality, you may be setting yourself up for a expedited death sentence. Say you defend yourself/ family, end up with a crappy/ court appointed attorney, against a family with deep pockets and a good attorney, and that "cache" of hoarded weapons and ammo makes you out to be some "right winger nutjob" and thusly you are wrongfully found guilty.......then ...... just saying.

Back to topic. Yes it is sad when a LEO's life is cut short by the acts of this kind of individuals. :(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:47 AM »
A prime example of the kinds of things criminals will do to acquire firearms when they can't obtain them legally.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »

Why does using a firearm make them special?  Do we really CARE what method they used to murder?  Does the method actually matter?

I wasn't aware that there was anything special about guns that made the circumstances worse, and was a good reason to intensify the penalty.  They committed murder.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
Forgive my ignorance.

What would have prevented these two men from legally purchasing a firearm prior to their crime spree?

The younger one was 19, so I guess that precludes him?

But the older one was of legal age, and from what I have read, a US citizen.  If not, surely his wife could have. 

thanks,

66bigblock

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
Or his mother ...... she's screaming "Allahu Akbar!" now, too ......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
Forgive my ignorance.

What would have prevented these two men from legally purchasing a firearm prior to their crime spree?

The younger one was 19, so I guess that precludes him?

But the older one was of legal age, and from what I have read, a US citizen.  If not, surely his wife could have. 

The older brother was not a citizen. He was seeking citizenship but had not become a citizen yet. The younger brother was a citizen, but of course as a marijuana user he would be a prohibited person under state and federal law for purposes of owning and possessing firearms.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »
Just out of curiosity, I did a web search for the firearms the terrorists (yeah, used that word) used. Supposedly there was one handgun (9mm ??), a rifle (some versions, a pellet gun). Some places show handguns (multiple), rifle and 250 rounds of ammo.   Did see where police fired over 200-250 rounds against a (single) handgun.  A good cause for magazine capacity (real life ammo needs in a stressful situation).

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 07:55:24 PM »
Why does using a firearm make them special?  Do we really CARE what method they used to murder?  Does the method actually matter?

I wasn't aware that there was anything special about guns that made the circumstances worse, and was a good reason to intensify the penalty.  They committed murder.

Exactly right.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
They committed capital murder...... so to intensify the penalty, do you kill them extra dead the first time, or kill them twice??????
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
Kill him? By the time Eric Holder gets done jacking with this case, the kid will probably be released with a new phone and a check for the inconvience.  :angry:

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
I'm not saying I think it is a good thing so don't think I am praising this screwed up system.  Me thinks they do this because when someone is guilty of murder or another heinous crime, it gets plea bargained down to shoplifting.  We have all this additional crap so that the police/prosecutors can load up the charges and HOPEFULLY get them to serve something close to what they should.

So we get robbing is illegal, but robbing with a weapon is super duper REALLY illegal times two.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum