< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Time for a castle law?  (Read 4250 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Time for a castle law?
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »
Hey Dan, while I see where you are coming from the very idea of having to pay for my RIGHTS I find unacceptable. I do not have a conceal carry permit yet mainly due to the high cost that one must come up with all at once. Ya know allot of us have kids and bills but still wish to be able conceal carry but due to other bills that need paid first conceal carry has to be put on the back burner unfortunatly.
  I just don't believe our founders put a price tag on our rights. I don't pay a fee to speak my mind or protest my government. So why do I have to for my right to keep and bear arms for protection??
Just my thoughts ;D
Time for Castle and a 10th Amendment soverenty declaration to the Feds.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:46:24 PM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »
As with any thing or license you buy, those who are serious about having it will find the money, and they know it. A $200 tax stamp for a NFA item? Ridiculous. $50k for a Corvette? Assinine.

It may not hurt to try to get the cost reduced. Hunting and fishing permits are reduced and free to vets and retired people, why not concealed permits? And no, I am not a vet, just an idea I have to say thanks to those who have served.

I will have the permit when I find time to take the course. Until then, I'll do as I have for the last 20 years. 
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
I'm serious about getting it, however the price prevents me from taking food from families mouth.
There needs to be a reduction in the price so more can obtain conceal carry.
My opinion.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:51:39 AM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
I'm serious about getting it, however the price prevents me from taking food from families mouth.
There needs to be a reduction in the price so more can obtain conceal carry.
My opinion.

I am in total agreement with you. Why should self protection just be for those who can easily afford it? Seems this should be a priority for us soon.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 10:07:14 PM »
There is always the ability to carry under the affirmative defense clause of 28-1202. No permit or training class necessary. Less restrictions to you also. Only down side is if you have to use it, you will likely have to prove your justification..... But for some that is a fair bridge to cross WHEN the time comes.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »
I might have been misunderstod a bit. I think that training is important and anyone running the class should be able to make good money.  However when it comes to the state or the Federal government charging me a fee to "keep and bear arms" I am opposed 150%.
 Why is it that the Douglas County Sheriffs office can give me a permit to buy a handgun for $5.00 and give it to me in a matter of minutes but the State charges $100.00 or whatever it is and it takes 3+ weeks as I understand it. Sorry but this makes no sence to me.  
 The government has NO right to charge me any fee to exersice my rights.
 Explain this to me please.

Getting back to the castle Doctrine..... Let's go after this along with changes to the fees charged by the state and pushing for a 10th amendment statement to Obama and the Feds. It seems we have a Legislature that could be friendly to all of these issues.
DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:06:39 PM by huskergun »
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline rich17z

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 12:32:36 AM »
huskergun,I took my class for the ccw permit in Bruno,Ne under the instruction of retired State Patrol officer Mark Bohaty.  It cost me only $80.00 for the one day class and he and his wife are ffl dealers and have a nice small range in back of their shop.  Look it up on the internet and give Mark a call.  Thanks,Rich@rich17z@cox.net,Omaha,Ne.