< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Is HAGEL in deep Doo-Doo ??  (Read 1147 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Is HAGEL in deep Doo-Doo ??
« on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:24 PM »
Reads like some very suspicious donations came to him from foreign donors.  He is not releasing fundraising documents requested by committee and WH is ducking the question..??? 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/07/Hagel-Friends-of-Hamas-WH

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Is HAGEL in deep Doo-Doo ??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
Sen. Fischer is a signatory to the letter sent to Hagel, and has stated she is a "NO" vote on Hagel's appointment.

She also said she had no plans to filibuster a floor vote, but maybe this turn of events will change her mind about a filibuster
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
If you did not see his confirmation hearing on you tube, it does not play very well for him. 

Here is some of what did not play very well

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:48:34 PM by Gary »

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »
HE SUCH AN ASS...

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »
Interesting....I was pretty sure he would sail through despite the reservations many people had about him.  It's extremely rare for a President's cabinet nominations to be blocked.  If these revelations are true, though, he's in trouble.

Personally, I think the guy is a sleaze.  His little "one hand washes the other" endorsement of Bob Kerrey was pretty shady.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
I wonder if Johann's is still willing to endorse him now?
USN 83-87, American Legion

A-FIXER

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
I sent Johanns a email the sametime I sent to Sen. Fischer no reply from him just her and I posted that reply. CRONIES IN LOVE thats why the GOP is gone...

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:25 PM »
Worst "conservative" EVER. There is NOTHING conservative about him - unless "self-serving and greedy pr!ck" qualifies as that.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »
So someone remind me, he endorsed Bob Kerry in the last election?  I seem to remember that.   

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
So someone remind me, he endorsed Bob Kerry in the last election?  I seem to remember that.   
Yep, he did. Kind of says all anyone should want to know.

http://journalstar.com/elections/chuck-hagel-will-endorse-kerrey/article_86bcfa2c-3c2d-5894-a6ae-f4197d587b5d.html

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »
Unfortunately Johanns seems to be a vote in the pocket. Put money in one of his pockets and his vote pops out the other. Somewhere along the line Hagel got to him.

I do not accept the idea that just because he was wounded in the service Hagel becomes the perfect choice for SecDefense. Many others have also been wounded without turning into political hacks who need to have their opinions handed to them on a piece of note paper. I don't think that's the sense of honor our military tries to build. Although anyone appointed will be little more than BO's rubberstamp, Hagel has no upside at all for this country's national defense.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »
Wait a minute everyone.... someone on this forum...no wait ....a number of you must support Hagel.  Johanns said so in his response to support him i.e. a large number of constituents want to see Hagel confirmed.  So someone is being dishonest. :)
Of course to this day, I've never met ANYONE who told me they voted for Clinton or BHO......

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
I most often vote straight repub ticket, as that seems to be the bunch I can trust the most to support the constitution as it was written, and not interpreted as a living document, changing it to mean anything they want it to mean.  So, yes once the parties chose their candidates, I would have voted for the conservative party.   

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »
As much as I dislike it, I have over the years and especially in the last 4 years, become a single issue voter. I'm not that way by choice, but 2A is THE most important political / societal issue to me, and I am forced into that way of thinking.