< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: general disarmament  (Read 921 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
general disarmament
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »
The general disarmament committed by phony law-enforcement thugs after Hurricane Katrina could happen again, but with a much broader scope and higher level of ruthlessness.  Since the future is always unknown, it is a good idea to find out what side our political and law enforcement leaders would be on if such a crime was perpetrated on our area. 

There is no doubt where the mayor of Lincoln would stand: he's a member of Bloomberg's group of traitors called Mayors Against Illegal Guns.  I don't know about the police chief here, but I have my doubts about him upholding the law too.

Some have suggested a law saying that no general disarmament can be undertaken by government.  But we already have such a law: it's called the 2nd Amendment, and that law is reinforced by our state constitution. 

So the only real question is, would our leaders obey the law, or would they become criminal thugs instead.  It would be a good idea to find this out, while we still have the ability to vote criminals out of office.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
Re: general disarmament
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 03:01:57 PM »
They're not taking firearms away from anyone unless everyone voluntarily complies.  It just wouldn't work...

Related article, definitely worth the read:
http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe/2nd-amendment-and-the-kool-aid-drinkers-by-paul-howe/

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »
By law in Nebraska, no political subdivision has the power to regulate possession of a firearm by anyone holding a valid CHP that is more restrictive than state law.

In the State statutes, I believe only the Governor has the power to restrict or regulate firearms sales and/or possession during a declared state of emergency.

And that is an issue NFOA is trying to get addressed, but without success so far.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »
Speaking in general terms...

There's a noted disparity between police chiefs and sheriff's in regard to their stance on firearm ownership.

Police chiefs tend to favor disarmament, sheriffs tend to favor keeping the people armed.

An interesting parallel here is that police chiefs are typically appointed by beauracrats, sheriffs are voted in by the people :).

Do I know what the Lincoln or Omaha chief's stances on the issue are ? Nope.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
To me it is really irrelevant... what they say they will do and what they will really do when the SHTF are like day vs night.

What is relevant is whether or not we can keep them from acting in an unlawful manner by being proactive politically and ever vigilant. 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
Speaking in general terms...

There's a noted disparity between police chiefs and sheriff's in regard to their stance on firearm ownership.

Police chiefs tend to favor disarmament, sheriffs tend to favor keeping the people armed.

An interesting parallel here is that police chiefs are typically appointed by beauracrats, sheriffs are voted in by the people :).

Do I know what the Lincoln or Omaha chief's stances on the issue are ? Nope.

You also have to take into account that police chiefs areas of responsibility are mainly in urban areas, whereas sheriff’s areas are mainly rural.  Big demographic difference between the two.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX