< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: A question about what CCW training should be....  (Read 12427 times)

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
Re: A question about what CCW training should be....
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
There's been talk that this instructor had a ND in his class last sunday.  He was demonstrating all the different methods of carry and pulled a .22 out of his pocket and shot a hole in the roll up door in the shop he was in. 

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:09 PM »
There's been talk that this instructor had a ND in his class last sunday.  He was demonstrating all the different methods of carry and pulled a .22 out of his pocket and shot a hole in the roll up door in the shop he was in. 

Was this in Lincoln?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »
This was in Geneva.  I'm waiting on a guy that was "actually" there to call me back.

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
Just verified the story with one of the 13 guys that were in the class. The guy I talked to was sitting about 8 ft away from the instructor when it happend. He initially thought it was a blank and part of the training until the instructor turned red and they all noticed the hole 2" above the floor in the roll up door. The instructor did not address the ND or point it out to anyone. He continued on. My guy also says that he read the material as fast as possible and was barely understandable. They started at 1030 and were all out of there by 1430. That included a 30 minute lunch break.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
Hopefully no one gets injured or killed before this guy is shut down
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
This was in Geneva.  I'm waiting on a guy that was "actually" there to call me back.

Okay.  Just wondering because someone posted about a ND at BigShots in Lincoln during a CHP class too.  Wondered if you were talking about the same thing.

Fly

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 09:41:45 PM »
Before we throw the baby out with the bath water, with any Unintentional Discharge we hear about, we should not jump to conclusions of what happened, IMHO.   It would be great of these people would log on here, and tell about what happened in these cases.  Don't see that happening.

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »
Gary...I'm telling you what happend.  You need to decide which side of the gun world you're on.  This guy is an idiot and does not deserve to be teaching anyone anything.  I agree with you that there should be no restrictions on carrying a gun.  But, there is, and as long as there is we should make sure that those people in leadership positions are not morons. 

This is an issue that I expect this group to deal with.  I can't think of a more important issue for this group.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 09:51:17 PM »
When people have concerns they should email or call Sgt. Craig Loveless.  Someone who witnessed this first hand should make the contact or it is just heresy.  Just the fact that he damaged someone else's property should require  a report within 10 days anyway. 

Sgt. Loveless's contact info is on the Nebraska State Patrol website.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:41 PM »
Maybe ol' Bruce should have just taken one of these out of his pocket(like  the ones he sells on his website and at gun shows) and stuck it right over the hole in that freshly ventilated door.   I wonder how good they are at stopping bleeding...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »
Just the fact that he damaged someone else's property should require  a report within 10 days anyway. 

I am assuming this instructor actually has a CHP, but yes that is a requirement any time a permit holder discharges a round outside of a range

What am I supposed to do if my concealed weapon injures someone or damages property?     

You must report any injury to a person or damage to property resulting from the discharge of a concealed handgun you carry to the Nebraska State Patrol within ten (10) days of the incident. Failure to file the report is a criminal offense. The form for making such a report will be available on the Nebraska State Patrol website at and can be downloaded for your use in complying with this requirement.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »
Maybe ol' Bruce should have just taken one of these out of his pocket(like  the ones he sells on his website and at gun shows) and stuck it right over the hole in that freshly ventilated door.   I wonder how good they are at stopping bleeding...

A "CHP badge"?  That's just sad.    :-[
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:04 PM »
I overheard a couple at Scheels saying they attended a CHP class that lasted an hour and a half and the instructor was out of Fairbury.  Not sure if this is the same guy or not.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2013, 11:43:59 PM »
OK, who is Sgt. Loveless and where is his contact info?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »

https://nsp.state.ne.us/FindFile.asp?ID=1550
308.385.6030 ext 319
craig.loveless@nebraska.gov

Fly

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »

Please keep us informed of developments.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
To expand on the information already given on how to contact Sgt Loveless . . . .   He is tasked with administering the NE CHP program.  He is the point of contact for all CHP instructors.

Offline hangarflying

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »
Has the NFOA considered some kind of program to audit classes to give them a "NFOA Stamp of Approval"? Those that get a "normal" stamp adequately meet the minimum requirements while those with a "gold" stamp exceed the minimum requirements. I'm late to the conversation, so I don't know if this has been discussed already.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
Has the NFOA considered some kind of program to audit classes to give them a "NFOA Stamp of Approval"? Those that get a "normal" stamp adequately meet the minimum requirements while those with a "gold" stamp exceed the minimum requirements. I'm late to the conversation, so I don't know if this has been discussed already.

No, that has not been discussed to my knowledge.  Interesting idea.

Welcome to the NFOA by the way.

Fly