< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Upcoming Omaha election  (Read 898 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Upcoming Omaha election
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
So Omaha decided many years ago that it's citizens could not give proper consideration to the election of its Mayor and City Council members while also voting for the Governor, Senators, and President.  Hence the situation where Omaha is the one and only (as far as I know) municipality that holds a separate election in the Spring for Mayor and City Council.

That election is coming up!

What questions would you ask the candidates? 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Upcoming Omaha election
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
First three that come to mind in no particular order:

What would their stance be concerning the recent Second Amendment stories ?

What would they do to decrease City spending ?

I'd love to see the resturaunt tax go away - I don't visit any fast food or sit down places in Omaha because of it.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
I'm personal friends with Nabity so I ask him all kinds of dumb questions.   :laugh:

I don't know the others, but I know for a fact Dave is a very strong supporter of the 2A.  His comment to me last week was (paraphrasing) "The only thing that stops an psycho with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
I don't think there's any question he'll fight hard to cut spending as well based on his record.

btw, sorry if this sounds like a political commercial.  I'm obviously supporting him.   
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »
Lincoln holds their's in the Spring, too. 

That being said, I admire the efforts, but until Fire and Police Union members and their families are prohibited from voting, Ashford will be the next Mayor (sadly)......  For what its worth Nabity is a heck of guy and would be a great Governor.  Sadly, he like a lot of Conservative REAL Republicans....he stands for stuff and lets folks know it e.g. he will never get the establishment support......kind of still venting after tolerating the sideshow (SOTUS) last night.....

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »
I would ask Ashford if he really believes a "A Brad Ashford for Mayor" sign would spruce up my lawn. This was in an email I received from him today, no idea how I am on his list.

I thought it might be because I would personally "water" it daily.