< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA RSO by SFG. A+  (Read 650 times)

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
NRA RSO by SFG. A+
« on: March 03, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »
We had a large class of 12 students on Saturday under the instruction and care of one SemperFiGuy.  We covered a TON of information and I learned way more than I bargained for.  I would never have know anything about how to clear a black powder rifle, for example.  This class was chocked full of practical information that should be required for every new shooter. 

I will be a NRA RSO, and I hope to be a good one, but I will be a much safer shooter as a result of this class. 

With everyone under the sun buying a gun, many for the first time, I would suggest they take basic pistol, FIRST step, etc... but I HIGHLY recommend this course as well.  I wish I would have taken it a few decades ago. 

I also cannot express strongly enough how good of an instructor SFG is. He makes the material easy to understand, to be sure, but he really helps you understand why it is important to know.  I helped arrange this class for this group and I have received so many complements on the instructor.   These are not new shooters in my group.  We have some very experienced guys and almost everyone I saw complemented our instructor to me. I felt like a hero for setting it up!  I am afraid to tell SemperFiGuy  all that was said, lest he have to butter his ears to squeeze through a doorway.  That would be one big jarhead. 

In summary, if you have the chance to take the NRA RSO course, you wont regret it.  If you take it from SFG, you will be thrilled that you did.  If you take your friends, you can be the hero......at least in your own mind.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: NRA RSO by SFG. A+
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:05 PM »
Gig:

This kind of feedback is what every instructor who is serious about his craft would hope to receive.

Your group is a great group of serious, dedicated shooters.

Put all that energy together, Good Stuff is just about bound to happen.

A pleasure, indeed.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »
Ditto. Great day of training, worth it. Good material. I'm glad to have the NRA cert.

Thanks SemperFiGuy

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:43:51 PM »
Thanks SemperFiGuy

Works Both Ways:   Thanks for Being There and Contributing to the Whole Event.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer