< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CTD is SAF's first Diamond Sponsor  (Read 986 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
CTD is SAF's first Diamond Sponsor
« on: February 15, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »
http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=422
In Part:

For Immediate Release:   2/14/2013
BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today announced that CheaperThanDirt has made an unprecedented contribution of $100,000, making the online sporting goods retailer SAF’s first-ever Diamond Level sponsor.

Created in response to the generous donation from CheaperThanDirt, the Diamond level of sponsorship indicates the highest level of support for SAF’s continued efforts to restore firearms rights “one lawsuit at a time,” as SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb explains it.

Well at least we know a good chunk of all that gouging money went to a good cause.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:10:15 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: CTD is SAF's first Diamond Sponsor
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
There you go....justifies you paying their higher prices....

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
Ditto, there it is, as said above, we just paid for something we thought we needed and just made a contribution in the round about way to keep the fight strong.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
Wait weren't they one of the first along with Dick's and Wal-mart to stop the sale of high cap mags and any AR style rifles?

Funny thing I read this post this morning and just now I was listening to Glenn Beck and he has them as his sponsors and talked them up big time mentioning CDT being a proud supporter of the 2A.

somone clarify for me cause I got no problem giving Mr. Beck a stern note if CDT is truly not supporting the 2A.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »
CTD did not stop sales, but they did raise prices and on many items astronomically ($99 Pmags, last I heard).

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »
hmm maybe I didnt look close enough but nothing is in stock and this is what i found for pmags http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGMPI211BLK  but i did notice it say "this product no longer available"

It really doesnt matter to me I wont shop with any company that wont take a strong stance, including wal-mart and Dicks.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
CTD did not stop sales, but they did raise prices and on many items astronomically ($99 Pmags, last I heard).
They most certainly did! It wasn't until 2 weeks after they started selling AR related items again, when they saw other retailers running out of products.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 05:38:46 PM »
They most certainly did! It wasn't until 2 weeks after they started selling AR related items again, when they saw other retailers running out of products.

That's right.  They were more than willing to throw us under the bus until they realized they could make a lot of money.

CTD is no friend of gun owners. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
Not that I'm a fan by any means, but from what I understood it, CTD SUSPENDED sales for a few days to evaluate the situation.  Which actually may have been a smart move on their part, as they didn't seem to have the system/ process crash some of the others experienced when the tidal wave of orders rushed in.
But I will give them Kudos for putting some of that cash back into the fight.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:31 AM »
Let me expose this for what it truly is ladies and gentlemen. This is a greenback mea culpa on the part of CTD, most likely stemming from the fact of the enormous amount of hate mail they have received on behalf of their price gouging.

This is them saying in effect..."we see how many customers we stand to lose once this all settles down, which it will, and we better do something about it. I know! Let's make a giant donation so we can tout our support while still retaining customers! yeah, that will work!"

well, I am sorry to say, it had no effect on me, as I will never shop with them again, and will urge all my friends/family/shooting buddies to do the same.

It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 07:06:05 AM »
Let me expose this for what it truly is ladies and gentlemen. This is a greenback mea culpa on the part of CTD, most likely stemming from the fact of the enormous amount of hate mail they have received on behalf of their price gouging.

This is them saying in effect..."we see how many customers we stand to lose once this all settles down, which it will, and we better do something about it. I know! Let's make a giant donation so we can tout our support while still retaining customers! yeah, that will work!"

well, I am sorry to say, it had no effect on me, as I will never shop with them again, and will urge all my friends/family/shooting buddies to do the same.

Well, DUH! But it still amazed me that they let the cash out of their grubby hands at all.  ;)

A-FIXER

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 08:00:13 AM »

You have said it, as I slept and thought exactly the same thoughts and they may end up eating the stock they have as this influx of prices has happen again. I more than likely not shop with them either.... but right is right and restitution without an apology nullifies everything........Just like Power without morals is meaningless its just evil and we see this in our corrupt gov.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
On the other hand, CTD may have realized what I see happening around the web ... lack of product!    I had a heck of a time locating 9mm ammo or reloading components of any kind from anyone.   If the retailers are "out of stock" on everything they are NOT selling anything.   That includes bullets, primers and powder for reloading.

If they aren't selling anything they are, effectively out of business.   The  wholesalers are supplying the retailers.   The  retailers  are out because they can't get anything from the  wholesalers.   Why  can't the wholesalers get anything from the manufacturers?   The manufacturers  say they have ramped up  to 24/7 production and have hired more employees.   IF the manufacturers are making the stuff but the wholesalers are not  getting anything, who  is?

An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion, probably at a cost of less than $425 Million.  They are probably printing that much money every week, and consider it a cheap price to disarm Americans.    Any questions on where the manufactured ammo is going?    IF the DHS and other Federal  agencies are not planning for massive civil  unrest (or making war on  American citizens here at home then they  are ordering so  much ammo for one reason only, to dry up the civilian ammo market.   It doesn't matter how many or what kind of guns you have, if you can't get ammo for them they are useless.

So, hang on to a couple hundred rounds  for  a reserve.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:56:15 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »

+1