< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reloading Help  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Cooper 25-06

• Forum Member
Reloading Help
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »

I'm a new member to this forum, so I'm not sure I'm in the right place on this forum for the subject I want to discuss. Maybe I missed the "reloading thread".

I'm in the process of purchasing a Redding press, dies, and all the other equipment I need for reloading my Cooper Model 52, 25-06.

Primarily, I'm not reloading to save money. I'm reloading to maximise accuracy. My objective is to put together a "dream" setup of which addresses precision, precision, precision. I do not plan to compromise much, nor to step over a dime to save a penny.

There maybe other ways to say this but I'm looking for a nearby expert reloader to consult with me on all my componet purchases from beginning to end on my reloading bench AND then to "hands-on" take me through my first round of reloading. I did some 222 reloading when I was young - decades ago.

I've settled on a Redding T-7 turret press.
Is there anybody out there that can help me?
I'm in North Lincoln.

A-FIXER

Re: Reloading Help
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »
Pm me and once you do I will give you my cell# to call

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »
And or do this..
http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,7803.0.html

The SFG ombre will steer you in the only way ''THE RIGHT WAY''
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:57:28 AM by A-FIXER »

Offline Cooper 25-06

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
A-FIXER
I'm having trouble with navigation as a newbie to this forum.

What is it I should do to get in contact with you?

Sincerely,
Cooper 25-06

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
A-FIXER
I'm having trouble with navigation as a newbie to this forum.

What is it I should do to get in contact with you?

Sincerely,
Cooper 25-06

He asked that you PM (private message) him for contact info.  To do this you can click on his name, then "send personal message", found in the menu on the left hand side of his profile.

Also, I will second the Class held by SFG and UNFY. 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
Our reloading clinics will get your feet re-wet, re-enforce safety, and is a great starting point.  We'll be using a single stage press.  Die setup instructions will be teh same for your T7, although there will be obvious nuances to your particular press (read the manual and watch the setup video if it came with one).

Do note that our rifle reloading clinic doesn't get into the details of high performance reloaded rounds... that could fill a week probably :).  But you will walk out the door with 10-15 reloaded rifle rounds safe to fire in your rifle (223 btw).

After you've loaded and shot a few hundred rounds, then it'd be time to tailor the ammo for your particular rifle.

There are plenty of folks here on the forum that can help ya out at precision hand loads :).  I'd suggest re-acquainting yourself with the basics first.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Cooper 25-06

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
Thanks Unfy.

I talked with SFG. I assume you work together at your clinics.

He spent a lot of time with me on the phone and I'm pretty sure he saved me a lot of time and saved me from making some serious mistakes.

I'm pretty impressed with this expirence.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »
Cooper:

Yup, SFG and I co-teach the reloading clinic.  He wants me to take a more active role during the classes, but I'm still a tad shy :).  Mad scientist quietly chewing on wire in the corner ? That's me.... some other threads in this reloading section will attest to that :P.

SFG's a very knowledgeable guy and always a pleasure to work with and trade tricks with :).

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D