< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Took the NRA First Steps Course Saturday  (Read 629 times)

Offline Oleshome

• NFOA Full Member
Took the NRA First Steps Course Saturday
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
Completed the NRA First Steps Course yesterday.  It was taught by wallace11bravo.  I have to say I enjoyed the course and picked up very good extra information not otherwise taught by just following the NRA text.  We did some very valuable dry fire training using software that MWTS has developed too.  Frankly, the software is just cool!  Good hands on, good time management and good follow through (AAR) after the "classroom" portion was completed.  As one who teaches technical computer courses at SCC nights I can tell you how hard it is to take otherwise dry material and keep a class moving the right way.  He did that and more.  The live fire piece of the course was also valuable and enjoyable but then I always enjoy shooting :) so I'm more than a little biased.  All in all I recommend taking the time to take the course and was pleased with the level of instruction I received.

Ole

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Took the NRA First Steps Course Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller