< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FAQ regarding CCI - 22LR  (Read 971 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
FAQ regarding CCI - 22LR
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »
I, like so many others have been looking for CCI 22LR....what a joke this has become.     So, tonight I went to their website and happened upon their FAQ and found this interesting.....

We are currently experiencing high demand for our products. We appreciate your patience and support and remain committed to serving all of our customers.

Q: Why is ammunition in certain calibers so hard to find?
A: The current market and environment is causing stronger than usual demand for products in our industry.

Q: Are certain contracts taking ammunition away from civilians?
A: No. We remain committed to serving all channels of our business.

Q: Why can't you just make more ammunition?
A: Our facilities operate 24-hours a day. We are continually making process improvements to increase our efficiency and investing in capital and personnel where we have sustained demand. We are bringing additional capacity online again this year.

Q: What is your stance on the current gun legislation?
A: We, like most major manufacturers in our industry, are members of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). This organization also represents our industry and the interests of companies and customers in legislative matters. Information can be found at www.nssf.org.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: FAQ regarding CCI - 22LR
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »
I spoke with an individual with a management position at Federal. They are maxed out but reluctant to add capacity since the ensuing sudden drop in ammo demand after everyone quits freaking out would not be a good business adjustment. Excess infastructure is simply a burden and excess employees would loose their jobs.

Although we all would like to see the shelves full of everything we want, it doesn't make sense for the ammo manufacturers to build up only to find themselves oversize at the end of a great rush.

Our purchase frustration is simply the demand side of the supply ecomonics. You have to understand what happens to a manufacturer when demand stops. Just as we buyers could not predict how hard it would be to find ammo today, the manufacturers will not be able to predict when everyone is finished with demand.

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
Yeah, I agree.   It's just frustrating as to how nutty this whole shortage thing has become.  Maybe by June/July we'll be seeing many of the hoarders that were looking to capitalize on reselling at high prices having to dump at discount.....I hope.    My situation is that I bought a new SR22 almost a month ago and have been looking for CCI LRs to break it in with.  My whole intent was to get my wife to the range and into shooting something that is less scary than some of my bigger stuff.   Its been many years since I had a .22 handgun and I think it would just be a whole lot of fun again (and cheaper) to shoot.....if only I could find the right rimfire ammunition.
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »
Unfortunately that is the current situation for most ammo and even reloading supplies. Bare shelves...out of stock.

Most likely a well orchestrated demand to pull attention away from the gun control ban laws everyone is proposing. And, working. If anything it should be motivation to do anything possible to prevent it from happening so often and the resulting inflation.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »
Another issue to consider-prices will be a little higher than the pre-rush prices-because they were going up anyway.

One reason- Obamacare will be costing the manufacturers more money, so it will get passed along. And as always-raw material costs going up.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
Another issue to consider-prices will be a little higher than the pre-rush prices-because they were going up anyway.

One reason- Obamacare will be costing the manufacturers more money, so it will get passed along. And as always-raw material costs going up.
I'm sure the lion's share of ammo production/sales lies in the transportation of the heavy raw materials/finished product. Last night, I drove by a gas station that was two cents away from four dollars per gallon.......