< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CLIPDRAW FOR MY GLOCK?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline SHEP

• NFOA Full Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer
CLIPDRAW FOR MY GLOCK?
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Ive been looking into getting the Clipdraw for my Glock 23/27. I've done my own research on the product and it seems to be worth the $27 (at least to try). I'm drawn to the fact that I don't have to carry a holster. I suppose that If I don't like it, Ill stick it in the safe and forget about it. Any personal experiences with the product?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: CLIPDRAW FOR MY GLOCK?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
Carrying a Glock with out a fully covered trigger guard is a very bad idea
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:58 PM »
I own one of these clips, purchased for use in my Glock G19.  Used it one or two times but just not comfortable carrying with out the trigger covered with using a holster.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:43:46 PM »
Carrying a Glock with out a fully covered trigger guard is a very bad idea

I'd go so far as to say "ANY" handgun  ....... YMMV.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:54:16 AM »
I have an LEO buddy who has carried his off duty Glock with the clip draw since it first came on the market with no issues. But not having something covering the trigger guard makes me a bit nervous as well.

Using it in tandem with a Dale Fricke "Zacchaeus" has been a popular combo recently.
http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.php

The Zach attaches to your belt or belt loop and keeps the trigger guard covered, the clip draw keeps the gun in your pants and in one place. I dont think there is another system that will take up less space in your pants, but it only works well in the appendix position.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »
I have an LEO buddy who has carried his off duty Glock with the clip draw since it first came on the market with no issues.

...and I have a buddy that does not wear a seat belt ....... with no issues, so far ..... still  bad plan, IME.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »
I would add a trigger block safety.  These two are on Amazon.

The first one is made for no holster, the second one works with most holsters.

http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Tech-MIC-Holster-Black/dp/B006VYBAZ8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00818BVZQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=10VT0E6M9WRYTSVN2GRX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I have twenty years experience with the second one, and would not personally carry a Glock without it. 

Is a Glock safe without these?  Yes.  Is a Glock safer with these?  Possibly, if they fit your lifestyle and style of carry.

Check them out.   They only cost lunch money, and do not alter your gun when not in use.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:29:47 PM by Gary »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
Carrying any gun without a holster that covers the trigger is an exceedingly bad idea.  Carrying one sans holster in the appendix position is a good way to ensure you don't pass on your bad ideas to the next generation.