< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Father Did The Right Thing, Gets One Year Probation  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Father Did The Right Thing, Gets One Year Probation
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:52 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2284897/Tebbs-Headshop-New-York-man-smashes-head-shop-using-baseball-bat-store-sold-son-bath-salts.html

Any jury that would sentence someone over this, must have been a customer of the head shop.

We have head shops in Lincoln.  Why for goodness sakes?  Run them all out of town with baseball bats!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Father Did The Right Thing, Gets One Year Probation
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:48:29 AM »
We have head shops in Lincoln.  Why for goodness sakes? 

Because some people's (and corporations) greed knows no bounds, regardless of the  pain and suffering their merchandise causes.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:33 AM »
Because some people's (and corporations) greed knows no bounds, regardless of the  pain and suffering their merchandise causes.

How about we hold the idiot kid responsible for voluntarily ingesting the stuff?

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
... I just read the story. The kid isn't even a kid. He's 24! The same argument can be made about our guns. Some people use them for good, some for bad. Some people snort bath salts....some take warm soothing baths. It's not the product that's evil, it's the use.

The guy has no right to smash up a store because he doesn't like what his adult son did with one of their products.

I'm not trying to beat you guys up. I just want to get all the ideas on the table.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:21:13 AM by NENick »

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
Okay, maybe I'm wrong about what bath salts actually are... hehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salts_%28drug%29

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »
Well, abeit that it could be said on a legal firearm- bullet- mouth- ingestion? I am without understanding of this item but the same can be said of legal bar- stool- highballs- car? The man is 24 yrs old and talk about helocopter parents... it would have been Wiser to the parent to contact Police and undercover and put a hurt on this headshop owner.... Again I am wrong all the time but I must present my lic's to purchase canned air '' to blow out my firearm actions'' although some huff it dumb its just dumb but what if vendetta is the word for the month we just can not take the law into our own hands the father should have been dealt a stiffer hand.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »
How about we hold the idiot kid responsible for voluntarily ingesting the stuff?

True, but that wasn't the question.   In today's permissive society it is not about responsibility, it is about blame.   What ever happens it is always someone else's fault, and perhaps there is "financial compensation" involved as well!

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
The guy that over dosed was 24.... not exactly a kid ... as has been pointed out.

Selling what they sell, such an occurrence should be expected eventually.

Does the Dad have a right be pissed ? Yup.  Did he have a right to bust the place up ? No.  Was he awesome in calling 911 himself and other stuff ? Yup.

Now..... my main problem with the story.... is....

Quote from: TheArticle
He admitted to possessing a controlled substance analog - a drug that is chemically similar to a controlled substance - with the intent to sell. Tebbetts faces up to 16 years in prison.

Excuse me ?  It's not a controlled substance but is similar and thus illegal but not or is it or ?  Is this like outlawing toy because because they're similar ?  Or how about that bill in NE legislature to ban the sale of novelty lighters ?

Bull feces.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:48:12 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »
prohibition funnels loads of money to violent criminals and actually exacerbates the social harms attendant to addiction.

We paid dearly for that lesson in the prohibition, and now we are paying for it again with pot.    But, it is prisons run by corporations that are pushing for higher arrests for pot possession because they benefit.

Offline NB

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
volenti non fit injuria (trans: "to a willing person, no injury is done").

Wow.  Those Latinos were pretty deep thinkers.  They summed all of the bad decisions in my life up in one little sentence.
You can hope in one hand and crap in the other, then see which one fills up first.