< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Beretta may move out of Maryland  (Read 706 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Beretta may move out of Maryland
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »

The law that was proposed by the governor, passed by the  Maryland senate and will probably be signed by the Maryland legislature is so strict that if, out of a million records, if the state police find just two mistakes someone can be fined thousands of dollars and sent to prison.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:31:35 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Beretta may move out of Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 09:37:59 PM »
Too bad we'll never see them Setup a factory here in Nebraska

Think of the Job's and Tax revenue we might end up with.  (SIGH)
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »

The law that was proposed by the governor, passed by the  Maryland senate and will probably be signed by the Maryland legislature is so strict that if, out of a million records, if the state police find just two mistakes someone can be fined thousands of dollars and sent to prison.

Sounds like the that state wants to dry up gun businesses.   This type of legislation is popping up in lots of states.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »
Too bad we'll never see them Setup a factory here in Nebraska

Think of the Job's and Tax revenue we might end up with.  (SIGH)

If they move to another USA location, I doubt it would be the high tax state of Nebraska. 

This is the worlds oldest continuously family owned manufacturer company, and they could easily just up and move operations back to their home offices, which I would look for them to do if Maryland does not get their head out of their ass.

Thank you for posting this video!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 09:56:56 PM »
If they move to another USA location, I doubt it would be the high tax state of Nebraska. 

My boss and I were talking about Magpul leaving CO and this came up.  Nebraska is a ridiculously expensive state in which to do business.

"Berettas don't bluff".  I guess when you have 500 years of experience in the family business you have a certain amount of confidence.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:59:20 PM by bkoenig »