< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Just a Word of Warning... The NEFGA Forum  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Just a Word of Warning... The NEFGA Forum
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:37:18 AM »
It has VERY strict enforcement of their "no political" discussion rule.  Apparently there are a lot of thin skinned gun owners who don't like to be reminded that they may have made some poor choices at the polls.  I guess they think they can have their cake and eat it too.  :)

It's very difficult to discuss gun control without politics entering into the discussion, anywhere, so given their policies, it's a waste of time there.

Also, it's probably not advisable to let on that you're an NRA member either.  :)

NEFGA=Nebraska Fish and Game Association (where FUDDs rule!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:39:32 AM by Lorimor »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Just a Word of Warning... The NEFGA Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »
Thanks for the info. I don't see how gun control could be discussed sans politics. Guess I won't be joining them.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »
I have that beat.  I was kicked out of a Glock forum for posting the merits of a trigger block safety for Glocks.   It was a Premium member site, and they gave me my $20 bucks back, and told me not to come back!  lol  They have a sister site, firearmstalk, and all is fine on that site, even when I posted the same opinion about the trigger block safety in their Glock forum.  People are funny at times.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
I'm not even going to bother checking it out - Lots of people here know I can't and won't keep my opinion to myself LOL.  Can't see signing up knowing I'll just end up getting booted.

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »
Also, it's probably not advisable to let on that you're an NRA member either. 

That's not the only place where FUDDS rule.  I haven't been back at another NEB forum because according to some of them,...... I'm not a "real hunter" because of the way and things I think or use that are still legal.   ::)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:08:26 PM »
I'd never even heard of them before, but if NRA members aren't welcome then they can kiss my grits.  Fudds like that are almost as much of a danger as Feinstein & Co. because they're perfectly willing to sell our rights down the river one compromise at a time.

And this is coming from a guy who divides the year into Deer Season and Not Deer Season.  I'm guessing my evil black suppressed deer rifle wouldn't be accepted by them.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 04:33:20 PM »
With how awesome the NFOA forum is.... why bother with any place else ?

<3
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Z3R0

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
Im a member of NEFGA, and been very vocal on my opinions on gun control there.  They just dont like people bashing on the president for the sake of bashing, for example.  Seems as long as you have a legitimate post and sound logic behind it you can say more or less whatever you want.

http://www.nefga.org/forum/showthread.php?49716-Please-do-your-part-stop-gun-control

I voiced my opinions for many pages on the above thread under this same name.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
I don't think it is good policy to critique other forums, because it just begs of retaliation by the fans of another site.

So, can we just let this die?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »
I don't think it is good policy to critique other forums, because it just begs of retaliation by the fans of another site.

So, can we just let this die?
As usual a voice of reason.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »
It has VERY strict enforcement of their "no political" discussion rule.  Apparently there are a lot of thin skinned gun owners who don't like to be reminded that they may have made some poor choices at the polls.  I guess they think they can have their cake and eat it too.  :)

It's very difficult to discuss gun control without politics entering into the discussion, anywhere, so given their policies, it's a waste of time there.

Also, it's probably not advisable to let on that you're an NRA member either.  :)

So, you continuosly violate a written rule not allowing political discussions on the forum and then get all offended when you have those posts moderated?  As a reminder, participation in any forum is voluntary...feel free not to join if you can't follow the rules which were in place when you joined and agreed to the terms of service.  A final note...The NEFGA is the Nebraska Fish and Game Assn. and it was established to discuss just that, NE fishing and hunting, not gun control and politics.  There are other appropriate venues for you to use for those discussions.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:09:21 PM by barmandr »