< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: HuffPo Link... Bashing Who?  (Read 836 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
HuffPo Link... Bashing Who?
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
Quote from: z3ro
Im a member of NEFGA, and been very vocal on my opinions on gun control there.  They just dont like people bashing on the president for the sake of bashing, for example.  Seems as long as you have a legitimate post and sound logic behind it you can say more or less whatever you want.

http://www.nefga.org/forum/showthread.php?49716-Please-do-your-part-stop-gun-control

I voiced my opinions for many pages on the above thread under this same name.

I beg to disagree.  One doesn't have to "bash" anyone and threads are deleted.

For example, I posted a link to the following article and the thread was deleted.  An article written by a self-avowed Liberal and originally posted on HuffPo. 

Who was bashed? 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amitai-etzioni/gun-control-we-need-domes_b_2718536.html

Folks may think I post such things to irritate/annoy/tweak my political opposites.  It could be that I post such things in hopes they will gain a better understanding of just what it is they are supporting.   

Like I say, too many on the other side are simply too thin skinned to enter into the fray. 

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
Re: HuffPo Link... Bashing Who?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
Or it could be because political topics which are national in scope and not related to hunting and fishing are not allowed...just like the posted forum rules state.  The NEFGA forum is not the venue for politcal topics/discussions.  They are not welcome IAW the rules and will be miderated.  Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.  For instance, if you post an ad on this forum to sell a gun, and do not post your location or a price, it will be locked and removed.  Why? Because it clearly states in the rules that you must include these things.  It is not censorship or thin-skinned forum members.  It is simply a forum rule.  It is absolutely the same situation with political posts at NEFGA.  They are simply not allowed.  Instead of slamming the NEFGA on this forum, why don't you take up your grievance with the NEFGA administration. Let others make up their own mind since you only seem to be supplying your slant on things.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: HuffPo Link... Bashing Who?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:47 PM »
If I have to I will restrict access to posters that keep this up. Most of the forums I frequent will do automatic bans for reopening topics locked by Admins
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.