< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Rand Paul is a Rock Star!!!  (Read 3188 times)

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
Rand Paul is a Rock Star!!!
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »
Is anyone else watching this filibuster?  Rand Paul is a Rock Star.  He is filibustering the nomination of Brennan as the Head of the CIA.  He knows and has said that Brennan will probably get nominated and he will lose this fight, but he is standing up and fighting against the administrations anti-constitutional position of using drones to kill Americans on US soil without a judge, or jury.  This, almost simultaneously, is released with the list of "right-wing" anti-government groups growing out of the patriot movement, according to the Southern Poverty Law center (a subsidiary of Soros against America, LLC). So, it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to see where this could go.  Now, maybe you don't think our government would ever do such a thing.  Maybe you think that anyone who would think of such things should be dismissed and marginalized as so many do.  Well, if that is how you feel, that is fine.  You can continue to sheep....ehh..sleep.  I doubt too many people on here actually think this, but who knows what is read by whom. Anyway, do you trust all future Presidents not to use this precedent to take out those who don't agree with him or her?  I don't, regardless of party. 

Anyway, whether you like Rand Paul or not, you have to admire his strength of Character.  All he is asking is for the President or the Attorney General to say that they will not use drones to kill US citizens on US soil.  They wont do it.  They do not think that enemies of the state (see partial list made by SPLC above, or reference the Homeland Security list that came out about a year ago including gun owners, veterans, libertarians, gardeners, people who store food or pay in cash etc... Basically most of us) deserve due process.  At some point the people who think this is conspiracy theory are the ones who really look stupid. 

Dang. Got on a rant. I just want to say that I applaud Mr. Paul for his efforts.  I also applaud those senators who have supported him by asking questions long enough for Mr. Paul to take a restroom break and so forth.  Why isn't Deb Fischer there doing the same?  I am disappointed.  I am not surprised that Johanns is nowhere to be seen, but hoped Fischer would stand up for Liberty.

These are just my opinions and thoughts.  "That's all I got to say about that"
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Rand Paul is a Rock Star!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
I am all for anyone who will actively work to thwart the Obama agenda
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »
I am also on board with this.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:45 PM »
Rand Paul is rapidly moving up on my list of people I hope run for President. 

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Rand Paul is rapidly moving up on my list of people I hope run for President. 

He has been number one one mine for some time.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »
I will note that these can go on for days, I believe the longest on record was almost 2 months.  Senators will rotate so they can attend other matters,hearings, meeting with constituents, sleep, eat etc.  The new way these go is they actually end the day and basically the filibuster continues, even though they handle other business, until either the session ends or there are enough votes to break it then it is brought back up.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »
I will note that these can go on for days, I believe the longest on record was almost 2 months.  Senators will rotate so they can attend other matters,hearings, meeting with constituents, sleep, eat etc.  The new way these go is they actually end the day and basically the filibuster continues, even though they handle other business, until either the session ends or there are enough votes to break it then it is brought back up.

Ted Cruz has stepped in: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:43 PM »
I sent a letter to Deb Fischer, asking why she wasn't there. Might I suggest we all do so?
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »
watching and listening... Senators you are now doing your job and doing the right thing. bravo!

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
I sent a letter to Deb Fischer, asking why she wasn't there. Might I suggest we all do so?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

A-FIXER

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:58 PM »
I'll send her a message and maybe we'll see her tomorrow.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 09:49:25 PM »
http://www.fischer.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-me

http://www.johanns.senate.gov/public/?p=EmailSenatorJohanns#form_1dc4f5be-b4fb-4564-a0cf-6c3f00b7cde2

I sent to both.

Senator Fischer,

I urge you to stand with Senator Rand Paul with his filibuster of CIA director nominee Brennan. The executive branch has gone too far in declaring the right to assassinate U.S. Citizens without due process or any sort of Judicial Review. The nomination and appointment of Brennan would only further the agenda of the current administration's power grab away from other branches of the federal government and the people of this great nation. The federal government, particularly the executive branch have become a beast that cannot be fed. I implore you; enough is enough, take a stand with Senator Paul.

Sincerely,
XXX
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:54:55 PM by wallace11bravo »

A-FIXER

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
patriot or phoney? we will see on Fischer?

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
Excellent!

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »
Lest some of you forgot.....Paul was one of 4 GOPers who voted to confirm Hagel (along with Johanns ).....will reserve my "respect" for now

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »
Just emailed her.

Senator Fischer,

I strongly urge you to join Senator Rand Paul in his filibuster of John Brennan's nomination to head the CIA.  The abuse of our civil liberties by the Obama administration must stop, and Senator Paul's stand is inspiring.  I feel this could be the moment when we finally begin to take our country back and restore the freedom our forefathers gave their lives to secure.  Please join Senator Paul and oppose the president's anti-freedom agenda.

A-FIXER

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »
mine was alittle more direct.... on calling her to the front. must be that bad taste in my mouth at the thought of a moment of the turds that smell up the countrys whitehouse, my whitehouse its not theirs.. it ours..... the peoples!

A-FIXER

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:31 PM »
Senator Rubio is now speaking Senator Cruz just finished up.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »
I was very disappointed he voted for Hagel. He says he give the President latitude to choose his cabinet. He (Paul) did try to block Hagel but 14 of his 28 senators who were with him in blocking Hagel flipped (in typical GOP fashion). He was trying to block Hagel to get info on Bengahzi. Still, it was shockingly disappointing.

Still, if you are reserving your respect, I ask you, for whom are you reserving your respect?  Who is doing more for individual liberty at the moment?  A good answer would be that no respect is due any elected official, I suppose.  I could understand that, to be sure. 

Just curious, not trying to put you on the spot.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 10:28:29 PM »
Check the twitterverse #standwithrand
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.