< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Thinking About Leaving The Resistance  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Thinking About Leaving The Resistance
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:10:32 AM »
I am 56, and feeling 86.  Getting tired, not much spring in my steps.

Married 30 years, no children.  I own my own small business, and my most measures, it has been a successful one over the past 25 years.

I am a retired gun dealer, that at one time was one facet of my business.

My opinion on the current condition of our country, of the world, is bleak. Dire. Terminal.

About 4 years ago, our Gov started running the printing presses nonstop with no accounting logs, a first for this country.   Lou Dobbs reported on it, but all other media just let it go as a nonevent.    Our currency is becoming worthless, and the next stock market crash, will destroy all the retirement savings accounts, and we will head into a global depression, from the hidden recession we are in now.

Our gov has thousands of drones, pilotless aircraft they fly all over the world, and they are headed to our cities.  TSA has been building from a checkpoint airport agency, to a countrywide SS right out of the WWII playbook.

Our gov has ordered around 2 billion .40 hollow point rounds, 7,000 .308 full auto rifles, thousands of armored tanks for domestic use, and boldly moves them around on flat bed trucks under our noses, like we won't see them or care one way or the other.

The next 9/11, or the next Sandy Hook, we will loose more freedoms, and there is no end to it.  The welfare people, who vote, now out number those of us who work.  The middleclass has been defeated, stripped of our manufacturing jobs, and our Country is getting ready to become something none of us will recognize.

It has gone so far, our Second Amendment can no longer hold the ruling class in check.  What is my AR15 collection going to do to a drone at 10,000 feet?

I have no salt in me for a Ruby Ridge, or a Waco, or a Ron Brown, or a Vince Foster style attack on my life.

I think the moment November 22, 1963 at 12:30 in the afternoon happened, and we did nothing except buy in to that ridiculous story, we were all doomed. 

I love my Country, I love the people, the places, our freedoms, but everything is changing.  People in my store no longer speak English often times, and many are on Gov assistance going from one hand out to another.

I am about to sell everything, and just crawl into a hole.  I really see no other viable alternative.  I am not going to answer a call to arms, which is coming  I am not going to protect my Bill Of Rights, my Constitution, with my Second Amendment.

The Diane Feinstein's of the world, the LBJ's of yesterday have won.  Most of us, just don't see that yet, or refuse to.   
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:23:56 AM by Gary »

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Thinking About Leaving The Resistance
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »
You can't leave we'd miss you!!!  Anyway you have a lot to offer......your insight.  And if worse comes to worse head down to McCook we'd take care of you my son's a prepper you know.
ZERO PLANNING ON YOUR PART CONSTITUTES AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
I have been besieged with similar sentiments.  Not sure how this ends.   I hear Belize is nice....
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:20 AM »
Well, so be it you have to do what you have to do, but exactly in what country are you going to dig your hole? Just as well give DHS a call give them your assets and say here I am do with me as you want this way it will happen faster. As I see it this is exactly why America is becoming home of the bullies and ter-- rorist maybe they will have pity on you and give you overdose of something that will give you the impression of a good feeling just for a few seconds then the lights go out. Rembember whose who you leave behind to absorb the space of another missing man.... 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »
i sing of Olaf glad and big
  by E. E. Cummings   

i sing of Olaf glad and big
whose warmest heart recoiled at war:
a conscientious object-or

his wellbelovéd colonel(trig
westpointer most succinctly bred)
took erring Olaf soon in hand;
but--though an host of overjoyed
noncoms(first knocking on the head
him)do through icy waters roll
that helplessness which others stroke
with brushes recently employed
anent this muddy toiletbowl,
while kindred intellects evoke
allegiance per blunt instruments--
Olaf(being to all intents
a corpse and wanting any rag
upon what God unto him gave)
responds,without getting annoyed
"I will not kiss your ****ing flag"

straightway the silver bird looked grave
(departing hurriedly to shave)

but--though all kinds of officers
(a yearning nation's blueeyed pride)
their passive prey did kick and curse
until for wear their clarion   
voices and boots were much the worse,
and egged the firstclassprivates on
his rectum wickedly to tease
by means of skilfully applied
bayonets roasted hot with heat--
Olaf(upon what were once knees)
does almost ceaselessly repeat
"there is some **** I will not eat"

our president,being of which
assertions duly notified   
threw the yellowsonofa*****
into a dungeon,where he died

Christ(of His mercy infinite)
i pray to see;and Olaf,too

preponderatingly because
unless statistics lie he was
more brave than me:more blond than you.

============================================
I've always had the deepest admiration for Olaf.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
Life without reason....is worthless...

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:06:32 AM »
In a “Criminal Justice 101” class I took years ago, the professor described how it’s perfectly normal for the pendulum to swing back and forth between civil liberties one hand, and more aggressive (and effective) policing on the other hand.  He went back decades through all the changes in law enforcement: waxing and waning of evidence needed to tap bad guys’ phones, the implementation of “Miranda” warnings, and even the broader social changes that defined decades.  The social trends that occurred from the 60s through the present are pretty clear in our collective memories, but he went on back through another century or so; the radical social changes at the beginning of the 1900s; the industrial revolution, and unionization; the abolition of slavery and the hell that the early abolitionists went through.

History marches on, but there’s nothing new under the sun, really.  It’s healthy and normal for the pendulum to swing back and forth.  People get touchy about civil liberties so protections are put in place.  Then bad people (all humans are generally decent, but there will always be an active minority – say, one or two percent – of bad people in any group) take advantage of loopholes in those protections and something awful happens.  Then more authority is granted to root out that evil, and some bad guys chops are busted and loopholes are closed.  But then people start to get worried about over-reaction and infringement on civil rights again.  On and on it goes, and it’s normal for extreme events (e.g. terrorist attacks) to push the pendulum quickly one way or the other.

It’s supposed to work that way.  Our system of checks and balances across three branches of government is the most incredible system of government the world has ever seen.  I also believe that there are other players as important and influential as the three branches.  Special interest groups aren’t bad; they’re a healthy part of the system – which is why I’m incensed to hear Piers Morgan on CNN sneer disrespectfully about the NRA.  Hey, I don’t personally agree with the ACLU on everything, but I won’t sneer disrespectfully at them because the only thing worse than a country with an ACLU is one without one. 

The media of all political persuasions are another part of our checks and balances.  The fact that the American media have taken down sitting Presidents is AWESOME, and makes us envy of the rest of the world.  I’ve lived all around the world and have had friends in dictator-run countries who were part of the opposition media and who were dragged out of their house at night and detained or tortured for weeks.  One friend of mine was actually killed by the president/dictator’s thugs. By comparison, the surreal fact that Bob Woodward (of all people!) was on Sean Hannity last week talking about threatening communications from the White House is proof of what a great system we have.

Bottom line is… We’re supposed to be arguing and bickering and fighting for political power!!  That’s how we make sure things stay on the right track.  It’s not perfect but it’s better than any other form of government out there.   So if you give up on the political game right now, when you feel much ground has been lost, you’ve got it all backwards.  That’s the equivalent of investing in the stock market when prices are high, and selling low. 

You say you are not interested in taking up arms.  Well, good!  The country doesn’t need any more kooks on either side of the political fence, whether it’s the guy in the bunker who recently took a kid hostage off a bus on one extreme, or tree-spiking environmentalists on the other.  We’re supposed to have the mental self-control and self-discipline to argue emotionally, and even lose some political battles when the pendulum is not on the side we prefer, without crossing the line to feel-good narcissism.  If people don’t have that self-discipline for some reason, then perhaps they should back off and take up gardening or something, but if you feel like you’ve still got your sanity then stay politically or commercially engaged.

As far as the people not speaking English, that’s another topic altogether.  I’ve traced my roots back through my father’s father’s father’s father…. on-and-on through the entire paternal lineage back to the 1600s when someone came here who (lo and behold!) didn’t speak English either.  And it probably took a couple generations before the family’s language and culture from the previous country morphed into the broader culture.  If you’re looking for a country where things remain static, be it linguistically, or cuisine, or culture, or anything else, you (or your immigrant forefathers) came to the wrong place.  The immigrants flowing into this country from the armpits of the world are coming for the reason they have for centuries.  We’re still that “Shining City Upon a Hill” because we have the best system of governance in the history of the world, and the immigrants I know who have come from the world's cesspools are as patriotic and zealous in the right-wing direction as any group around.  They actually know what it's like to live under tyranny.

A final point about why there’s an up-side to all the recent goings on….. witness the gun and ammunition craziness right now.  It’s easy for us to ***** and moan about shortages and high prices, but the fact of the matter is there’s never been such an interest in shooting as there is now.  I see a ton of young kids, ladies, first- or second-generation "new Americans" and other newcomers to the shooting sports who are curious what all the hubbub is about and then – once they get into it – they find how much they really like it!  Then they get pretty ticked off at the idea of some busy-bodies telling them that they can't be trusted with a gun because they might snap and commit mass murder.  Commensurately, the NRA’s membership and influence has likewise surged to the point that they’re sponsoring NASCAR races, which is the political equivalent of pulling down their pants and mooning the gun-control proponents!  The lines for ammo are a great thing in the broader perspective, so let’s build more shooting ranges and build more ammo factories.  It’s all part of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction!  Now’s a perfect time for you to be part of the solution and help push it in that correct direction, rather than giving up.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
In a “Criminal Justice 101” class I took years ago, the professor described how it’s perfectly normal for the pendulum to swing back and forth between civil liberties one hand, and more aggressive (and effective) policing on the other hand.  He went back decades through all the changes in law enforcement: waxing and waning of evidence needed to tap bad guys’ phones, the implementation of “Miranda” warnings, and even the broader social changes that defined decades.  The social trends that occurred from the 60s through the present are pretty clear in our collective memories, but he went on back through another century or so; the radical social changes at the beginning of the 1900s; the industrial revolution, and unionization; the abolition of slavery and the hell that the early abolitionists went through.

History marches on, but there’s nothing new under the sun, really.  It’s healthy and normal for the pendulum to swing back and forth.  People get touchy about civil liberties so protections are put in place.  Then bad people (all humans are generally decent, but there will always be an active minority – say, one or two percent – of bad people in any group) take advantage of loopholes in those protections and something awful happens.  Then more authority is granted to root out that evil, and some bad guys chops are busted and loopholes are closed.  But then people start to get worried about over-reaction and infringement on civil rights again.  On and on it goes, and it’s normal for extreme events (e.g. terrorist attacks) to push the pendulum quickly one way or the other.

It’s supposed to work that way.  Our system of checks and balances across three branches of government is the most incredible system of government the world has ever seen.  I also believe that there are other players as important and influential as the three branches.  Special interest groups aren’t bad; they’re a healthy part of the system – which is why I’m incensed to hear Piers Morgan on CNN sneer disrespectfully about the NRA.  Hey, I don’t personally agree with the ACLU on everything, but I won’t sneer disrespectfully at them because the only thing worse than a country with an ACLU is one without one. 

The media of all political persuasions are another part of our checks and balances.  The fact that the American media have taken down sitting Presidents is AWESOME, and makes us envy of the rest of the world.  I’ve lived all around the world and have had friends in dictator-run countries who were part of the opposition media and who were dragged out of their house at night and detained or tortured for weeks.  One friend of mine was actually killed by the president/dictator’s thugs. By comparison, the surreal fact that Bob Woodward (of all people!) was on Sean Hannity last week talking about threatening communications from the White House is proof of what a great system we have.

Bottom line is… We’re supposed to be arguing and bickering and fighting for political power!!  That’s how we make sure things stay on the right track.  It’s not perfect but it’s better than any other form of government out there.   So if you give up on the political game right now, when you feel much ground has been lost, you’ve got it all backwards.  That’s the equivalent of investing in the stock market when prices are high, and selling low. 

You say you are not interested in taking up arms.  Well, good!  The country doesn’t need any more kooks on either side of the political fence, whether it’s the guy in the bunker who recently took a kid hostage off a bus on one extreme, or tree-spiking environmentalists on the other.  We’re supposed to have the mental self-control and self-discipline to argue emotionally, and even lose some political battles when the pendulum is not on the side we prefer, without crossing the line to feel-good narcissism.  If people don’t have that self-discipline for some reason, then perhaps they should back off and take up gardening or something, but if you feel like you’ve still got your sanity then stay politically or commercially engaged.

As far as the people not speaking English, that’s another topic altogether.  I’ve traced my roots back through my father’s father’s father’s father…. on-and-on through the entire paternal lineage back to the 1600s when someone came here who (lo and behold!) didn’t speak English either.  And it probably took a couple generations before the family’s language and culture from the previous country morphed into the broader culture.  If you’re looking for a country where things remain static, be it linguistically, or cuisine, or culture, or anything else, you (or your immigrant forefathers) came to the wrong place.  The immigrants flowing into this country from the armpits of the world are coming for the reason they have for centuries.  We’re still that “Shining City Upon a Hill” because we have the best system of governance in the history of the world, and the immigrants I know who have come from the world's cesspools are as patriotic and zealous in the right-wing direction as any group around.  They actually know what it's like to live under tyranny.

A final point about why there’s an up-side to all the recent goings on….. witness the gun and ammunition craziness right now.  It’s easy for us to ***** and moan about shortages and high prices, but the fact of the matter is there’s never been such an interest in shooting as there is now.  I see a ton of young kids, ladies, first- or second-generation "new Americans" and other newcomers to the shooting sports who are curious what all the hubbub is about and then – once they get into it – they find how much they really like it!  Then they get pretty ticked off at the idea of some busy-bodies telling them that they can't be trusted with a gun because they might snap and commit mass murder.  Commensurately, the NRA’s membership and influence has likewise surged to the point that they’re sponsoring NASCAR races, which is the political equivalent of pulling down their pants and mooning the gun-control proponents!  The lines for ammo are a great thing in the broader perspective, so let’s build more shooting ranges and build more ammo factories.  It’s all part of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction!  Now’s a perfect time for you to be part of the solution and help push it in that correct direction, rather than giving up.

Well said...

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »
You need to channel your inner Charles Heston.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:39:44 AM by 00BUCK »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
Look on the bright side...in a few hundred years the Apes will have taken over.....

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »
Remember that 1/2 of the country believes and feels how you do. You're love for freedom an America won't let you close shop. If you do, it won't be for long. I encourage you to donate to those who are leading the charge, and join a local teapart/ 9-12 group. Start getting more involved.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
I actually think there could still be a lot of money to be made in a shooting range, and tap into this growing popularity in the sport, but one should go for a very upscale, "high-end" market.  Sort of the shooting equivalent of the old-fashioned tennis/social club from the earlier part of the last century. 

It doesn't have to be ultra-exclusive, but a lot of shooters don't want to be in the lane next to the Rambo wannabe with his fatigues from the surplus store, "tactical" boots, "tactical" sunglasses, and goatee stylishly groomed with "tactical hair gel", spraying and praying at the target.  Heck, have a nice restaurant and nice bar serving some good 'ol cocktails; just have rules in place that you shoot first then have a drink second.   ;D  Make it a place where you and the spouse can go for dinner or to hang out, even if not shooting that evening.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
This morning on KFAB, Scott Voorhees was actually supporting the President's assertion that he had the power to drop a drone strike on an American, here in America, if he was deemed an "imminent threat", with no due process. ..... just the POTUS' or his designated representatives' (that'd be hundreds of bureaucrats in various alphabet soup agencies) say-so ...... that is Absolute Power, and we all know what that does ....

.... as for "leaving the Resistance" ...... No.   There may come a Babi-Yar, but I will not walk there, nor lie down in the ditch.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:27 PM »
IF you think that 56 is "old and tired" wait till  you hit 72 or higher.  When I was 56 I could squat on my haunches and rise up again without effort.  If I do that now I'd tear the fascia out of my knees going down and there is no way I could ever rise to a standing position if I ever made it to my haunches.  Getting off the floor from my hands and knees is a task.   I'm overjoyed to be able to climb and descend the 19 stairs  from my front door to my 2nd floor living room without much trouble.

As a man of Faith I believe that the powers that be are ordained by God for his purposes.  Even President Obama.   I do not know with certainty what God's plans for America are, or if America is in his plans at all.  Personally, I do not believe,  since we authorized the sin of Manasseh 40 years ago  and destroy the unborn at the rate of 1 million per year since then, that he would withhold retribution after giving us 40 years to repent.  And God is certainly not going to repent for destroying Sodom.

Those who would trash ALL of the Constitution,  not just the 2nd Amendment, do not believe in  God or freedom.   Those very same people who held "free speech" demonstrations in Berkeley in the 60's, or bombed various buildings on the East coast in the 70s, did their "Long March" through the educational, journalistic and political paradigms, and arrived at leadership positions in those institutions.  Under their administration the  1st Amendment is not tolerated unless the speaker's expressions are aligned with the Party doctrine.   I use "Party" deliberately because if you don't think we are dealing with Marxists you've been asleep for the last 40 years.  Maxine  Waters and others told us their goals.  They are to "control the people" and "socialize" businesses so that the government can run them.  They don't "worry about the Constitution".   China is the model.

They now have 47% of the people voting to sustain them in power in a quid quo pro for food stamps and other unearned benefits and entitlements.  Their need for food stamps were created by the government, which was responsible for outsourcing our factories and the high paying jobs that they required.   We now know that a "service industry", i.e., flipping burgers at McDonalds, cannot sustain the tax base required for a government that insists on spending $1 Trillion  more each year than tax revenues bring in.  That is prima facia proof that the Left is trying their best to collapse the economy of this country in order to overthrow rule of law via the Constitution.

We, as a nation of people, are better armed individually (at least 88 million of us are) than any citizens of any other country except Israel or the some of the Scandinavian countries.   If our government tries to suspend the Constitution for any excuse I suspect at least 8 million of us would resist, and that would probably include elements of the National Guard and the Military, which would bring with them the aircraft, helicopters, heavy weapons and "light armored trucks" necessary to fight those elements which agreed to kill Americans if told to do so.  The Left would, of course,  invite the United Nations "Peace Keepers" into the country, as Tony's "Union Creek" novella depicted.  They would be mainly Russian and Chinese soldiers, but that would galvanize even more of the 88 million militia. 

What do we have to lose if our freedoms are already taken away?  To not be able to resist would require that we do not have ammo to enable our resistance.   Does that cause alarms to go off in your head?  It should, IMO.   That the DHS has ordered almost 2 BILLION rounds of 9mm and .40mm, with more orders coming, enough to sustain a shooting war equal to Iraq for 15 to 30 years, suggests that if the government can't get a legal consensus to outlaw gun ownership they can use a "back door":  they can render the guns useless due to lack of ammo.  Therefore, do NOT shoot up your ammo, hoping there will be some available later on.  Keep a good supply on hand, as much as you can.  Keep at least a 1,000 round, preferably a 10K supply, and shoot the old stuff as you replace it with the new stuff.  Some people think that people trying to  stock up on ammo is the reason for the current shortage, and given enough time ammo makers will catch up,  but I do not think so.   Do find a good hiding place  for your weapons and ammo.  You'll know when the time is ripe to store them there, which  will probably be when the Dollar collapses sometime this year or next.  That depends on exactly when the other nations of the world ostracize the Dollar as a World Reserve Currency, leaving its value to  plummet in accord with the printing presses OUR government has been running since the  last days of the Bush administration.

Are things totally hopeless?

Consider how people in the Mid-East, with fewer arms at their disposal have done.  They have created shaped charged weapons that can penetrate armored vehicles out  of urine, copper and kitchen chemicals.  Strikers or "light armored trucks" are nothing to these weapons.   Even  in Syria. which is being helped by the Russians and Chinese, the people are on the verge of overthrowing their dictator.  Do we have less faith and fortitude than them?

BTW, I am not a prepper.  I don't think that leaving where you are now living to hide in some rural area  is a good idea.  Even now, in a time of relative peace and sufficiency, living 50 miles from a population center is a decided disadvantage for all but the young and healthy.  In  the 1930s the depression didn't hurt the rural  folk as much because they  could raise chickens for eggs and meat and grow crops on their 80 acres using their farm animals and animal  powered implements.    Today, the modern farmer eats off of the same grocery shelves that the city folks graze.  Very few folks farm enough land to supply their own  food.   If your chosen prepper location is NOT plentiful in fresh water with fish,  tillable land, trees for firewood and building then you won't have a prayer of surviving there.  And, what do you think the people already there will do about your arrival?  Each are can sustain a maximum population.  They will  fight to protect what they have.   What will you do when your food runs out in a month, 3 months, 6 months, a year?   Do you have seeds to plant a crop?  Tools to cultivate and harvest it?  Think 1800s pre-electricity.  Meanwhile, as you go about your activity in your new location, you will be watched and targeted by Drones that are armed. 

As I wrote, 47% of the population won't care as long as Uncle sends them a check each  month, or gives them food.  They'll continue to party and do drugs.  Uncle won't mind at all.  They are the sheep that legitimize the dictatorship as a "democracy".

Have you ever wondered why the government built 600 FEMA camps and then let them set idle, but staffed?   You may not like Ventura or Jones, but there is no denying the camp they filmed in Texas and other places.  Some even have playground equipment because they were designed to house entire families.  Think of the concentration camps of  WWII, where WE put the Americans of Japanese ancestry.   My suspicion is that those are "re-location centers" which will house the people the government rounds up when martial law is declared and gun ownership is made a capital offense, for the "safety of the people", of course.   Those rounded up will be the ones the government considers "most dangerous", i.e., potentially armed and sufficiently trained or connected to be a threat to their Socialist rule.   You and I.  EDIT: I forgot to mention why the FEMA camps are called "re-location centers" instead of "detention centers" or "concentration camps".   One technique used by the Left when it takes over is to move populations around and mix them up so people  are in unfamiliar territory among strangers.  You don't know what is where, or if you can't trust who you are talking to  because you don't know them.  That's what those re-location centers will be used for ... temporary housing until they move you to someone else's  house.  They already know how many people can live in each house, that's why they had that question on the last census.  You'll be given a crowded place to live, food coupons that will barely keep you alive, and a "job" you must report to for 12 hours a day, 7 days a  week.  The "job" will be to re-educate you into Socialist thinking.  They have plastic tubs waiting for those who fail that job.

So, since I am not a prepper what do I suggest?  That we learn the lesson that the Taliban are teaching us about an occupying force in Afghanistan, sans the suicide missions.  Go along. Sign up.  Be their "friend". Be a source of information.  And when the time is right strike hard.

Hopefully, none of this "freedom fighter" stuff will be needed.  Regardless, the best weapon, IMO, is prayer.   No one gets out of this life alive, and if the word of God is true, this place will be burnt up in the end.  We are the bullet.  This  life is the barrel.  Which target we hit and where, depends on our aim.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:49:21 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
They're Up to Sumthin'!!!!!!

I don't [yet] have a Tinfoil Hat, but..........

My next door neighbors received that Incredibly Sinister Census Questionnaire that asked, "How many families can live in your house???"

Up to Sumthin'............

From what you can see from here, it's some form of NO GOOD.

Molon Lave.

sfg
"Now is not the time to go wobbly........."
        The Honorable Margaret Thatcher
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »
They're Up to Sumthin'!!!!!!

I don't [yet] have a Tinfoil Hat, but..........

My next door neighbors received that Incredibly Sinister Census Questionnaire that asked, "How many families can live in your house???"

Up to Sumthin'............

From what you can see from here, it's some form of NO GOOD.

Molon Lave.

sfg
"Now is not the time to go wobbly........."
        The Honorable Margaret Thatcher

MOLON LAVE - Is that the same as Molon Labe? 

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 02:58:58 PM »

It's one of them fancy drinks, isn't it?

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »

Yes.  It is the modern Greek version of the ancient Greek "Molon Lave".
http://www.battle-of-thermopylae.eu/complementary_molon_labe.html
It's lambda, alpha, beta, epsilon in the ancient (typo) modern Greek, so beta becomes "b".

(I had two years of Koine' Greek  in college.  That is the first time in decades I've used that knowledge.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:38:13 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
Yes.  It is the modern Greek version of the ancient Greek "Molon Lave".
http://www.battle-of-thermopylae.eu/complementary_molon_labe.html
It's lambda, alpha, beta, epsilon in the ancient Greek, so beta becomes "b".

(I had two years of Koine' Greek  in college.  That is the first time in decades I've used that knowledge.)

Well, I'll be.... I even used the google and couldn't come up with anything other than a typo.  Thank you Grey!