< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How much money do you spend per month on shooting supplies?  (Read 562 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
How much money do you spend per month on shooting supplies?
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
Just consumables like ammo, targets, reloading supplies, etc.  Not things that are durable goods like guns and safety equipment.

I haven't sat down and figured it up, but I bet I'm below $100 but above $50.  I tend to make just a few big bulk purchases of reloading supplies per year.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:00:22 PM by bkoenig »

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: How much money do you spend per month on shooting supplies?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »
Given reloading supplies, I can't really quantify it much.  Also haven't shot nearly as much since hurting my back (picking up cases hurts mmmkay).

Then there's the copper plating stuff that's been sucking up money in random unused things and tools and stuff heh.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
I tend to save up and buy in mass quantity, like 6000 .223 bullets and 20000 primers. I also like to buy powder 32 lbs at a time. Then I may go a year or more and not buy anything

If I ever added it up what I spend a year I might just have to quit
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
OK....here's where I spring the guilt trip on everyone.

How about taking 10% of that amount and donating to the NFOA every month?  If you spend $50 a month on ammo, that's only $5.  Less than the price of a fast food meal.