< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who want to be part of the NFOA Zombie Response Team?  (Read 6461 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Who want to be part of the NFOA Zombie Response Team?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 04:10:55 PM »
Since this is outdoors we most likely will have around 10', most people doing outdoors events give 10'x10' spaces because that gives you the ability to set up a standard awning to protect from sun and rain.

Talking about tables, I have Scott's (Lilrat) 6" table that needs to get back that direction that I bet he would not mind us using, and a 30" round 42" tall table that works nice for sign-ups and raffle tickets that we can use.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:14:05 PM by AAllen »

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »
Do we have permission to use the Pandemic design?  Anyone have a contact with the Pandemic planners?
We've got permission. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »
Maybe some competition that can get people active and based on their performance they get entries into a drawing for the mini kit Toby described (or similar smaller prizes). 

Ooh ... I like it!

How about loading up a pack with bricks and doing a timed run - or maybe a fireman's carry?

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
How about loading up a pack with bricks and doing a timed run - or maybe a fireman's carry?

hmmm . . .  I know someone who may have an advantage in that type of event because of how they train.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
That is a great idea Toby.   It's something that could really set the NFOA apart from the rest of the sponsors.

Offline muleshemi

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »
hmmm . . .  I know someone who may have an advantage in that type of event because of how they train.
yea, what he said! ha ha

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure that individual has a conflict and won't be able to attend the event.  ;-)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »
Okay NFOA ZRT (Zombie Response Team), I just got word from Bill that we can have as much space as we need at Pandemic for whatever activities we come up with and that as long as we follow the state laws on raffles we can raffle off whatever we want.  He sure makes things easy for us, eh?
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »
i like all of these ideas.  but i have a question, what if someone would get hurt doing one of our events?  who's liable?  do we need a participant signed waiver?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »
i like all of these ideas.  but i have a question, what if someone would get hurt doing one of our events?  who's liable?  do we need a participant signed waiver?

Good question.  I'm sure there's an event waiver.  I wonder if it would cover us.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »
Agreed, very good question.  Let's brainstorm and select some of the best ideas for activities and then we can analyze the injury risk.  Depending on the risk, I'll get an advance copy of the waiver participants will sign for Pandemic and see if we'd be covered, then we can proceed from there.   

Toby, the big question is, are you going to submit your training program as a possible competition for the booth?  :P

Offline kruiz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »
What about a field strip or disassemble/reassemble your weapon timed event for a side entry thing?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
Toby, the big question is, are you going to submit your training program as a possible competition for the booth?  :P

Hmmm ... I might be willing to do something along those lines.  What if I put together some pieces and parts of my regular workouts and offered up a donation to our PAF for anyone who could complete it?

Hobie Call did something similar here:

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 07:51:33 AM »
I'm checking to see if my schedule permits, but if I can attend the shoot I will help in whatever way is needed.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »
OK, I'm in.  My wife wants to attend as well and go camping that weekend.  Anyone else up for pseudo-roughing it at a nearby campsite?

I make mean biscuits & gravy in the dutch oven.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:28 PM »
Wow this looks like fun just got done watching some of the vids from the website http://www.zombiesintheheartland.com/
I would love to come help and mostly get in the way, talked to my wife about it and a nice weekend camping trip sounds like fun.
But we can come and spectate im guessing I only 2 handguns not shotguns or carbines...yet. so no competing in what looks like a 3 gun shoot.

Looks like they have a KOA within minutes but the website doesnt tell me if they allow tents

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:05:04 PM by wusker »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »
If you need a rifle and shotgun you can use mine.  Just bring our own ammo.

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
OK, I'm in.  My wife wants to attend as well and go camping that weekend.  Anyone else up for pseudo-roughing it at a nearby campsite?

I make mean biscuits & gravy in the dutch oven.
That sounds like great idea and way to get buy-in from the rest of the family. Campground with a lake, fishing and swimming would be a sure sell.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »
I think T-shirts are a good idea.    It would be nice to have an event specific design.    I'll need to get more NFOA t-shirts made up anyway, so adding another design in the mix is no problem.

Keep the ideas coming.   

I'm in for a zombie green NFOA ZRT shirt!  I'll be helping out with prizes at the match.

Suggestion for a shirt design- take the standard NFOA logo, remove the crossed firearms and replace with a biohazard symbol, and remove "NFOA" from the bottom and add "ZRT" or "Zombie Response Team". 

For those who never shot 3-gun DO NOT HESITATE.  It is a ton of fun, especially at a relatively laid back match like this.  Don't worry about winning.  Just have fun and be safe. 
NRA Life Member.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
This sounds like fun, I'd be happy to volunteer for whatever is needed.

One thing I thought we could do is have a jar full of loose .22 rounds. $1 allows you to make a guess how many rounds are in the jar. Closest to correct without going over gets the ammo...and NFOA keeps the money. In case of a tie or multiple ties, winners split the ammo equally. Now if we could only find enough .22 shells to fill a jar  :laugh:

It would be kind of cool if a few of us that have odd or unique older rifles to bring a few and have them on display behind the table.