< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who want to be part of the NFOA Zombie Response Team?  (Read 6463 times)

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Who want to be part of the NFOA Zombie Response Team?
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 10:32:36 PM »
I assume there will be some younger kids spectating the event with their parents. Maybe we could also set up some sort of kid friendly shoot...a low power BB gun and paper targets? I know awhile back I looked into organizing a Pinewood Derby race at the Children's Hospital and soda can sized "gold" trophies were only $1.69 each when buying 20 or more. If a BB gun shoot would be too much, we could build something like this:

I have a target holder/BB trap and would be happy to buy a couple of cheap BB guns if you all think this is a good idea. We'd have to create a small safe area and back stop for this of course if we did it.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »
Bump, I took the time off. Even if i dont shoot at anything it will be good for my kids and respectful firearms training and sounds like alot of fun am bringing the whole family and planning on having some good times and meeting folks that tell tall tales over some milk and cookies, while I drink wine of course ;)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:25 PM »
well, i have to bow out.  i just found out my wife's HS reunion is that weekend, so i'll be out of town.  :(
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dakafall

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:05 AM »
Random bullet drawing? have a box with just a hole in the top big enough to put your hand inside, and inside the box have a bunch of used brass with the ends painted different colors.  Each color would represent the amount they would have to pay for the ticket.
Example
Red = Free
Blue = $1
Black = $5
Green = $10

Or a USPSA Dart throw?  Take a USPSA target, set it up at whatever distance and have each zone represent a different number of tickets, 1 dart for $2, 3 darts for $5 or 8 for $10?

That way anyone can participate since it's not based on anything physical (other than throwing a dart lol)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
I was hoping to make it, but now I'm not sure if I can.  If there are still spots available towards the end of April I'll know for sure then.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »
The bug out bag raffle is an excellent idea.  You might get vendors to contribute items for it at no cost, or at a reduced cost if you call and ask. 

They're selling 300 tickets for the shoot, so expect at least 300 shooters, plus volunteers, staff, spectators, etc. 
NRA Life Member.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
Ok, I haven't weighed in here for awhile.   Looks like we have several members that are able to assist in Setup and operating the booth.

We have some good ideas presented for raffle and drawing ideas.  Of course we will need to do recruiting and have literature on hand for discussion of key legislative topics.

Nick is putting some ideas together for a banner.  I'll grab the file from him and publish that for feedback

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
Do we have a member in or around Grand Island with an enclosed trailer we could use for this event?  I could tow from Omaha or Lincoln if necessary but it would be ideal to find a nice trailer already near the event.

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 10:56:17 PM »
Bump
I should be available next week if assistance is needed.
Was an enclosed trailer located?

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »
Hank you're a life saver. I think we are still looking for one.

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
Hank you're a life saver. I think we are still looking for one.
I was offering assistance if needed but I do not have an enclosed trailer. I do have a open trailer with side boards and if the primary purpose of `covered` was to keep items dry, then we could always use a tarp.
Just send a PM if I can be of any assistance.

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »
OK. . .   Roll Call!   Who is planning on helping out this weekend and which day?

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
Someone mentioned a bb gun idea.  Anyone have airsoft guns we could use?  Can Airsoft pop balloons?

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2013, 11:14:46 PM »
OK. . .   Roll Call!   Who is planning on helping out this weekend and which day?
I'll be heading out late Friday afternoon and be at our booth all day Saturday. Remember to wear your NFOA t-shirt if you have one!
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »
Ive not been following because of the fact I know I'll get wrapped up on the planning and not be able to say no.;). That being said I do have a few bb guns and some air soft pistol. And. Rod, I still have that trap I built for the women's expo...
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
I'd like to, but I'll likely be busy.  If for some reason I'm able to make it out, I'll stop by and see if you need any help...

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:37 AM »
So how did this event turn out? I wanted to attend but had to work on-call and cancel my vacation.