< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Omaha Day of Resistance Rally: Saturday March 23  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Omaha Day of Resistance Rally: Saturday March 23
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:24:45 AM »
Due to the snowstorm in February, the Day of Resistance rally in Omaha was rescheduled for March 23, 2013.  The NFOA received word of that cancellation at the last minute and have heard that some NFOA members didn't get the message we posted on the forum.  For those who missed that message and drove out in the snow, we apologize for not connecting with you.

Day of Resistance Rally Info
Saturday March 23, 2013
1PM - 3PM
Corner of 72nd St and Dodge St in Omaha

The organizers, Oath Keepers and Tea Party Patriots, have requested attendees to please conduct themselves by the following guidelines:
  • Dress respectfully (No camo or militia clothing)
  • NO OPEN CARRY
  • Be respectful with your signs, slogans, and gestures – even to those who will be there to oppose us
In addition to a strong second amendment message, the organizers want to also send a message that Mayor Suttle's threat of an "Assault Weapons" ban in Omaha is unacceptable.  They've suggested using your homemade signs to get this point across with messages like "Don't Ban Guns, Ban Mayor Suttle".  You guys are creative, so I'm sure you can come up with other catchy slogans.  Feel free to post your ideas here to inspire others while they're making their signs.

Contact Steve Homan (402-562-9094) with questions or for additional information.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Omaha Day of Resistance Rally: Saturday March 23
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »
Rally moved from the Capitol steps in Lincoln, to a shopping mall parking lot in Omaha?

I would think the best bang for  the buck would be when the legislature is in session, on the capitol steps.

I am all for every city having a gun support rally, but we need one in Lincoln while the boys and girls are working in the statehouse.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
Rally moved from the Capitol steps in Lincoln, to a shopping mall parking lot in Omaha?

I would think the best bang for  the buck would be when the legislature is in session, on the capitol steps.

I am all for every city having a gun support rally, but we need one in Lincoln while the boys and girls are working in the statehouse.

Gary - Apologies if my original post wasn't clear, but this is for the Omaha rally, not the Lincoln one.  I believe there was one at the capitol in Lincoln (and if I remember correctly, at least one other city out in the western part of the state) back on Feb 23 when rallies were held nationwide.  Omaha got hit harder than Lincoln with the snowstorm just before Feb 23, so the organizers pushed it back a month with hopes for better weather.  I don't think the target of this rally is necessarily the state legislators, but rather the residents in the Omaha area, the Omaha area media, and Mayor Suttle's threatened "Assault Weapons" ban. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 04:18:30 PM »
Which corner? Crossroads?

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
Which corner? Crossroads?
That's my understanding.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
Should pop that announcement onto the facebook pages of the mayoral candidates and see who shows... 8)

Offline Critter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »
So is anyone going tomorrow?

Offline Critter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »
Guess not.

Offline far

• NFOA Full Member