< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Voting for the next Omaha Mayor...  (Read 672 times)

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
Voting for the next Omaha Mayor...
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
Has anyone researched a qualified candidate?  I was wondering if the members here can recommend one... 

I seen Suttle's Anti-2A campaign on tv.  It made me SICK.
"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Voting for the next Omaha Mayor...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
Personally, Suttle and Ashford are on the bottom of the barrel... 

That leaves Stothert - Nabity - Welch.

We have member(s) of the forum that personally know Nabity and are reaching out to him for some specific answers to pointed 2A and gun control questions.

Welch has come through my neighborhood on a door to door walking campaign and gave me some 'non-answers' to some of what I considered "Yes / No" type questions which tells me he is a typical ''politician".

I have both listened to and asked questions of Jean Stothert about varies issues and concerns.  She talks a good campaign and did not 'dance around' answering direct questions on a variety of issues that were asked during her town halls.

Right now, Stothert is in the lead for me unless I get more positive details about Nabity and Welch regarding their 2A / Registration views.   

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Voting for the next Omaha Mayor...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
Somewhere I read (might have been on the FB gun exchange) that Stothert had mentioned to someone about wanting to get rid of the firearm registration in Omaha. 

I just hope Assford is taking notes on how well Suttles little commercial is working for him.  I think he just may be worse for Omaha than Suttle or Fayhey.