Gear & Equipment > Bags and Packs

Stackon 10gun 'safe' thing

<< < (2/2)

unfy:
There are those that store them together, those that store them in fireproof safes, those that store them right above/below each other, those that store primers in glass gars, those that store things in sealed metal containers, those that store/reload near a water heater, etc.

I personally don't want them stored in proximity of each other, nor in any form of airtight anything.  If something goes wrong, i'd much rather have 3 feet of horizontal separation between the two.

Gary:
Prudent, suggests separation of all handgun and rifle compounds, as much as possible.   I own 12 or more lockable storage units.  Some stack on style, some UL rated jewelry store safes.   I personally store very little ammo and firearms together.  I have an ammo safe, where the outer wall is 1" thick tool resistant steel, on all 6 sides.   I store no guns in this safe.  Likewise, my main gun safe, again, UL listed, has no ammo in it.

Can you store it all in one place?  Sure, but which is better?

bk09:

--- Quote from: unfy on March 19, 2013, 03:34:00 PM ---There are those that store them together, those that store them in fireproof safes, those that store them right above/below each other, those that store primers in glass gars, those that store things in sealed metal containers, those that store/reload near a water heater, etc.

I personally don't want them stored in proximity of each other, nor in any form of airtight anything.  If something goes wrong, i'd much rather have 3 feet of horizontal separation between the two.

--- End quote ---

And then those of us that store primers on a wood shelf right above all the powder...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version