< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: There is no ammo shortage! A guy proved it to me...  (Read 2812 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: There is no ammo shortage! A guy proved it to me...
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
the shortage for the most part has been created by panic buying.

You don't suppose the supply has been skewed at all by your Uncle buying ammo in BILLION round lots, do you?

Price does not matter to Uncle Sugar, either: he'll just print more greenbacks...... making you (and everybody else that must work for a living) poorer in the process...... Two Birds/one stone.

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
You don't suppose the supply has been skewed at all by your Uncle buying ammo in BILLION round lots, do you?

Price does not matter to Uncle Sugar, either: he'll just print more greenbacks...... making you (and everybody else that must work for a living) poorer in the process...... Two Birds/one stone.

If the stories of government ammo purchases are true, that would probably have an impact as well since it would certainly soak up some of the supply.

That said, the buying frenzy is clearly underway, as evidenced by the posts of some of the members here.  There is lots of hoarding going on.  Every time I walk into a place that sells ammo, I make a swing by the gun counter to see what's available.  There's posts on this board about guys staking out Wally World at 4AM, or notifying members when a shipment comes in.  Imagine that behavior multiplied millions of times. 

I've managed to buy over 1000 rounds of 9mm on line over the past few months at relatively decent prices, you just have to be alert.  The ammo is out there, but there are lots of people looking to buy.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
The next person I see that says they are buying ammo to sit on it is gonna get laid out. I buy ammo to shoot it, not to watch it get dusty in the corner.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 01:19:39 PM »
The next person I see that says they are buying ammo to sit on it is gonna get laid out. I buy ammo to shoot it, not to watch it get dusty in the corner.
You obviously don't grasp the threat of zombie apocalypse.  You need to keep a basic reserve just in case.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »
You obviously don't grasp the threat of zombie apocalypse.  You need to keep a basic reserve just in case.

:)
That is what the 500 rnds each of 308 and 7.65 are for. Why let them get close?
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »

Sounds like backwards investment advice....buy high sell low

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
Sounds like backwards investment advice....buy high sell low

What about buy low and sell low?

I ordered 8 lbs of Hodgson TiteGroup pistol powder about three months ago from Powder Valley.   I got an email from them today saying that they shipped!  With hazmat and shipping it came to $20/lb.     My plan is to trade a couple pounds of it for a brick of small pistol primers which  used to sell for $35/brick.

I also have a pound of Herco powder available to swap  for 9mm brass or 124 JHP bullets.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28:38 AM »
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2003/the-great-arsenal-of-democracy.aspx?s=ordnance%20team&st=&ps=

"Lt. Gen. Levin H. Campbell, Jr., Chief of Ordnance from 1942 to 1946, proudly had this to say:

"From Pearl Harbor to V-J Day the Industry-Ordnance team furnished to the Army and 43 foreign nations 47 billion rounds of small arms ammunition,......"

If the stories of government ammo purchases are true, that would probably have an impact as well since it would certainly soak up some of the supply.

Ya think??!?!?!?

At a time when we are DEEPLY in debt, and have military operations ongoing in places around the world, the DHS is buying ammo at the rate of a major country engaged in a major land war ..... the amount of ammo the DHS wants in the next "3-5" years would have fed the .mil's guns in A-stan and Iraq for 20 years.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.