< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The S.S. Feinstein Sails Into Rough Waters  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: The S.S. Feinstein Sails Into Rough Waters
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
It's not dead yet.  I fully expect her to try to tack it on as an amendment to another bill.  Keep hounding Congress!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:12:42 AM by bkoenig »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/03/19/Hasta-La-Vista-Assault-Weapon-Ban

After a meeting yesterday with Harry Reid (D-NV), Sen. Dianne Feinstein learned that her controversial assault weapons ban mess will not be part of the gun control bill package heading to the senate floor next month.

The AWB could be offered up as an amendment, but the bill was already considered a long shot, as senate democrats will be facing a competitive election cycle for 2014. Many face constituents back home who do not support such legislation.

“My understanding is it will not be [part of the base bill],” Feinstein said. “It will be separate.”
Asked if she were concerned about the decision, Feinstein paused and said, “Sure. I would like to [see the bill moved], but the leader has decided not to do it.”    “You will have to ask him [Reid],” she said, when asked why the decision was made.

Democrat insiders say the universal background check, supported only by Democrats, will not head to the floor either.

The fight  is not over!

Notice in the picture on that link the "trained and did carry" Feinstein has her finger on the trigger of that AK.  SHAME!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:35:08 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
For all of you out there who need to dump your overpriced ARs, PMAGs, Glock mags and ammunition when the CC bills come due, send me a PM  :P

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:19 PM »
I hope there will be lot's of gently used goodies on the market soon.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »
What's amazing is that BBC.co.uk had this on their front page almost immediately.  However, several hours later, CNN.com still has *nothing* about it.

They did, however, run a story "above the fold" about Kate Middleton's nose.  Apparently I need to turn to the British media for US political analysis, and to CNNs US site for news on the Royals?  :D

No, the fight is not over and the NRA now has some state legislation to block, or kill by taking legal action up the hierarchy of courts (that will take years) but this is what I've predicted all along.  The votes were simply never there.  Not even close.  And there are several hundred thousand passionate new gun owners enjoying the shooting sports now.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »
"I tried my best, but this bill has very powerful enemies." D. Feinstein

You mean like the will of the American People and their pesky Bill of Rights?  ;D

Offline equinox137

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 01:51:43 AM »
hopefully, the panic buying will stop soon

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
Didn't say the fight was over guys.  I just get all happy inside when I see Feinstein depressed.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »
The fight is NOT over.

I heard an interview with Biden where he indicated they would try to tuck the AWB into another larger bil. A typical method of paying for votes on an agenda.

There are some very nasty gun legislation in the wings right now and we can expect a lot of it packed together to get the money politicians want.  Looks like they would leverage school safety to get everything else they want to pass.  Keep pressing with email, letters and calls to stop gun control and registration efforts. Pass the word on other forums (get other states involved) and be sure to indicate that your voting future will be greatly influenced by political performance. 2014 has a lot of voter leverage potential.   

From the OP link:

There are two likely paths: Reid could advance a gun trafficking bill with a school safety provision; some form of background checks and the assault weapons ban would then be offered as amendments. In the other scenario, Reid might offer a background checks bill that includes the gun trafficking and school safety provisions, with assault weapons again offered as an amendment.

The Judiciary panel also approved a bipartisan gun trafficking bill backed by Leahy, Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), among others, that dramatically boosts penalties for “straw purchases”of weapons, in which a person buys firearms on behalf of an individual barred by law from possessing them. Thanks to its support from Republicans, Reid and Leahy want to see this bill as a foundation for the Democratic gun package on the floor.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:48:16 PM by SS_N_NE »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »
I heard an interview with Biden where he indicated they would try to tuck the AWB into another larger bil. A typical method of paying for votes on an agenda.

That's how they tricked Reagan ... single line in the thousands of pages of the Omnibus bill they passed a few months before they sprung it on him.

I agree that the apparent dropping of the Feinstein proposal  is probably a maneuver designed to get 2A advocates to relax so that they lose vigilance and get blind-sided by lines hidden in unrelated legislation.

The Judiciary panel also approved a bipartisan gun trafficking bill backed by Leahy, Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), among others,

Two RINOs doesn't make the bill "bipartisan".    I listened to Dick Durbin this morning explaining why the Constitution was an "old document" and was "difficult to work with".  I'm sure it is, given the Democrats agenda of eradicating the most important parts of the Bill of Rights in the name of "social justice".   Have you ever noticed that most legislation these days is given titles that are the exact opposite of what their results are?

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »
I've never understood anyone trying to claim the Constitution was out dated, hard to work with, out of touch, etc.  Outside of ulterior motives attempting to push an agenda.  I've not seen an intelligent discourse on *why* it needs to go away yet :(
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »
I thought it was Durbin's "reasoning" (although I do not vouch for any actual higher brain functioning actually occurring) that the founding father's didn't have things like cellphones and drones to consider...
Sooo..the constitution is flawed because they didn't have twitter followings? ???

Does that mean the Bible must go because Jesus of Nazareth didn't have a facebook page?  The Ten Commandments are moot because no mass Emailings were possible?  Maybe Durbin would like to take a crack at the failings of the Koran with his new found logic? No wonder he uses the name Dick.. :angry:

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
It was interesting watching Feinstein complain to Ted Cruz in being "lectured" when he asked a the question comparing the ban of books as a 1st A comparison. Later Feinstein ranted about how she was patronized and called Cruz "arrogant".  Has she looked in a mirror?!?

It is interesting watching some of the recent Senate events and how arrogant some of the leading congressmen can be. Some determine the verbage that can be used. Obviously quite a few of these people have decided to ignore their oath in place of their agendas.

It is all about power. These guys care only about their power over people.

When Feinstein found out her bill would be dropped, she used the word "trust" and obviously expected some backup on her agenda.  Still it is all smoke for the money she is really hoping to get form any bill passage.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »
It is all about power. These guys care only about their power over people.

I would agree with that to a certain extent.  Some are interested in the sheer power they have over the people.  However, I think it is also largely an elitist, "I know what's best for you", attitude.  They look down on our feeble, caveman level thought process when it comes to these sorts of progressive and intellectual ideas.  Mind you, I'm not saying they ARE more intellectual, it is just their flawed perspective.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 03:50:05 AM »
I've never understood anyone trying to claim the Constitution was out dated, hard to work with, out of touch, etc.  Outside of ulterior motives attempting to push an agenda.  I've not seen an intelligent discourse on *why* it needs to go away yet :(

Has human nature changed?  IMHO, no.  Therefore the Constitution is as valid today as the day it was written. 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 05:28:37 AM »
Has human nature changed?  IMHO, no.  Therefore the Constitution is as valid today as the day it was written. 

I tend to agree and insist even more so.

IE: written by folks much wiser than myself.

It's a tremendous document, and if ya read all of the debates prior to it, concerning the BoR, the federalist papers, and personal correspondence.... zomg those dudes were bad ass and smarter than ****.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D