General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Need Some New Stuff To Read

<< < (2/5) > >>

kozball:
And I am sure that you have read the "Union Creek Journal" from one of our own famous in house writers.   :P

Mudinyeri:

--- Quote from: kozball on March 25, 2013, 10:07:00 PM ---And I am sure that you have read the "Union Creek Journal" from one of our own famous in house writers.   :P

--- End quote ---

Famous?  Hardly. :D

Neeco:
The Passage, by Justin Cronin.  You won't be sorry.

And of course any of the classic TEOTWAWKI books out there, Atlas Shrugged, World War Z, Babylon, I, Robot etc etc etc...

If you were after Non-Fiction, I can't help much yet...

Neeco:

--- Quote from: bkoenig on March 25, 2013, 10:02:19 PM ---I don't know if you're into SciFi or not, but John Ringo has an entire series about a carnivorous alien race who invades earth, and humankind eventually battling back and kicking the butt of the entire galaxy.  They're immensely entertaining, if not terribly highbrow.  Plus, Ringo is ex-Army and a gun guy, so it's one of the few series where you'll read about sniping aliens with a .500 Whisper  ;D .  I want one of those some day.

A Hymn Before Battle is the first book, and there are several spinoffs dealing with other side stories besides the main series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Aldenata

Another great SciFi author (yes, I'm a geek) is Dan Simmons.  Hyperion is the first of a 4 book series and IMO is the best SciFi series ever written, excepting maybe the Dune series by Frank Herbert, and he jumped the shark after the 3rd book or so.

--- End quote ---

Great reads as well.

sjwsti:
In the non-fiction category, Col. Dave Grossmans` books "On Combat" an "On Killing" should be required reading for everyone on here.

"The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker is also very good.

- Shawn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version