< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: There's No Place Like Home....(Kansas)  (Read 878 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
There's No Place Like Home....(Kansas)
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »
Some of ya talk alot of crap about me being from Kansas.  The Land of AHHs!  Home of the Yellow Brick Road! and Toto.  Amber waves of grain and all that. 
Last weekend, my dad spent a rather rough few days in a Kansas hospital in a larger type city. Of course the required reading for my trip (read bored) was the handgunlaws.us link to Kansas. WOW. There is a lot of common sense in them there Bills. 

There is the standard for "No Guns" signs. I forgot to get a picture, but I can say, there was, with out a doubt, no firearms allowed in the hospital. No 2" faded sticker on the inside bottom of a door.   per:
Kansas Administrative Regulation 16-11-7  http://ag.ks.gov/docs/documents/approved-signage-notice.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Also saw the other day they Kansas Senate had passed a Unconstitutional Gun Law Nullification bill and was headed to the House where it was expected to pass.

And today my uncle sends me this : http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Kansas-Senate-approves-bill-from-gun-rights/MZCOSvbkf06Z5lgw7AkEmg.cspx#.UVMspkwQL0Y.facebook

In short:
 "The Kansas Senate has approved a bill expanding the number of public buildings where concealed weapons are allowed and letting public school and college employees carry concealed firearms.
The 35-5 vote Wednesday sends the measure to the House.
The House already has approved its own version of the same measure, allowing local school boards and state colleges to designate employees to carry concealed weapons.
Also, state and local governments couldn't prohibit holders of state concealed-carry permits from bringing their weapons into public buildings unless those places had security measures. Officials would have until 2018 to get those security measures in place."

I need to research it more, but there is a measure being tossed around, that if a place of business is to be 'Posted' then measures have to be taken to ensure security. 

And while checking thing out, I found this: http://smartgunlaws.org/category/kansas/
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence gives Kansas an "F" .  :D

(Why don't I just move back, if I love it so much? you ask.  Well, there are 2 reasons I'm stuck in this political abyss of red.  She's 13 and he is 10. :( )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:23:15 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: There's No Place Like Home....(Kansas)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:43:22 PM »

(Why don't I just move back, if I love it so much? you ask.  Well, there are 2 reasons I'm stuck in this political abyss of red.  She's 13 and he is 10. :( )

That, and you'd miss me giving you a rough time...  ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 06:26:24 PM »
I've carried in KANSAS several times in last few years and like you every time
 I read handgun laws u.s. it leaves me more concerned about carrying in N.E.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. Spending the next few months in KC. Guess I should check the laws.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »
Some of ya talk alot of crap about me being from Kansas.  The Land of AHHs!  Home of the Yellow Brick Road! and Toto.  Amber waves of grain and all that. 
Last weekend, my dad spent a rather rough few days in a Kansas hospital in a larger type city. Of course the required reading for my trip (read bored) was the handgunlaws.us link to Kansas. WOW. There is a lot of common sense in them there Bills. 

Hey I haven't said anything ....
I lived in Emporia for about 8 years and went to Emporia High School
I haven't been back to Lyon county in about 25 years.
I'm back here in Omaha where i was born and all of my Kids (that i know of) were born here too.

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
Well, looks like Kansas' Gun Law Nullification Bill is headed to the Governor's desk, along with one pertaining to the carrying by CCW holders into more places, including some public/ government areas.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane