< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 100809 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:39 PM »
Please post in this thread any anti-CCW businesses that you encounter, and also, any that have "seen the light" and taken down their NO GUNS signs.  
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:43:21 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »
Anti-CCW(NO GUNS signs):

Frogs Copy & Graphics
11204 Davenport St
Omaha, NE 68154

Precision Bearing Co.
4611 S 96th St
Omaha, NE 68127

Wicks Sterling Trucks?
10502 S 147th St
Omaha, NE

Bag 'n Save
156 & Blondo St.
Omaha, NE         Still has "non-standard" no guns sign up, most of the rest in Omaha are gone.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline rich17z

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:06:36 AM »
BagNSave on 17th and Vinton is gone.  Has been for the past almost 2 months.  The reason is this,,,,,  One of the head distrct managers of BagNSave overheard a friend of mine and I discussing their no ccw policy.  I told him that if I got hurt or assualted that my family would be the new owners of the stores.  I also told him that if I died while being assualted and couldnt defend myself or others,alot of peoples that get hurt during a robbery or assualt would be also owners of the stores and make a policy change on the ccw debates for no-guns,,,,, no money stores.  rich17z@cox.net

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:07:57 AM »
All the Omaha Werner businesses out at the interstate are posted, including Werner Cycle and their new surplus store.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:21:53 AM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »

Anti....
American Red Cross -- roughly 84th and Center ---Omaha
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »
Bosselman's

The Truck stop at Wood river i-80 interchange and the Pump and Pantry in Doniphan are posted, We'll kind of posted, the sign in Doniphan is about 10' to the left of the entrance area. 

I guess I will have to get my gas and soda's elseware.  I'll boycot all Bosselman's

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »
Bosselman's

The Truck stop at Wood river i-80 interchange and the Pump and Pantry in Doniphan are posted, We'll kind of posted, the sign in Doniphan is about 10' to the left of the entrance area. 

I guess I will have to get my gas and soda's elseware.  I'll boycot all Bosselman's

Great for a business who sells shotgun shells and hunting permits. "We will profit off you, but not welcome your guns." Bosselmans is an overpriced ****hole like Caseys.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 02:59:15 PM »
The Douglas theater chain, at least some of them in Lincoln, were posted for no concealed carry.  However, since they were bought by Marcus, they have taken down the signs. :D
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
Quote from: armed and humorous
The Douglas theater chain, at least some of them in Lincoln, were posted for no concealed carry.  However, since they were bought by Marcus, they have taken down the signs.

May I be so bold as to take credit for the signs coming down after Marcus Theatres took control.

This is my letter to Marcus Theatres...
Mid 2008
To whom it may concern,

I had previously sent this email to Douglas Theater Company of Lincoln, NE. Now that Marcus Theatres owns these theatres, I was wondering if your company could address my questions.

When I recently took my daughter to the Edgewood theater, I could not help but notice the "No Concealed Firearm" notice conspicuously placed on your door. As an informed parent of this day and age, I am concerned about the safety of my children. Much to my 11 year old daughter's chagrin, this was my primary reason for attending a G rated movie with her. I'm sure you are aware, there have been many events in the local and national news regarding mentally distraught individuals carrying firearms into known "gun-free-zones" so that they could massacre innocent people and be in the headline news.

While I believe your efforts to create a safe environment are of the highest intent, seeing this sign only brought questions to my mind. I'm hoping you can alleviate my concerns. Other than the posting of the aforementioned sign, what steps are taken by Marcus Theatres to insure that no weapons are brought into the theaters?

I ask this because the Westroads mall in Omaha, NE was a similar "gun-free-zone"; however, this did nothing to protect the victims of the recent shooting. I am concerned that you are forcing the responsible, law-abiding, adult concealed carry permit holders to disarm while doing nothing to ensure a mentally ill individual is prohibited from entering the theater with a weapon. Moreover, the sign which is intended to create a safe environment only advertises a killing zone to such individuals who want unarmed victims in mass quantities. In the absence of the sign, a killer will know there is a potential for the intended victims to protect themselves. If Marcus Theatres would still like to display a sign, maybe a better alternative would be one that read "No concealed weapons except for concealed carry permit holders".

It is my opinion that Marcus Theatres, by posting a sign in its current format, has completely accepted responsibility for myself and my families protection against such heinous crimes. If your company is not willing to bear the weight of such liability (whether legally, morally or financially), then I would ask you to consider letting citizens, who have met the legal requirements to carry a concealed firearm, be responsible for their own safety.

Here was their response...
Thank you for contacting Marcus Theatres,

I am very sorry it has taken so long to respond. Your comments are very important to us. We will be taking the signs down today.

Thank you,
Bridget Hughes
Guest Relations Coordinator

Fly
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:57:01 AM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
Well stated Fly, but you were not the only one that had sent letters.

When Douglas Theaters were purchased by the larger, Marcus Corporation many of the signs came down immediately as it is not Marcus Theaters policy for this signage.

http://www.marcuscorp.com/
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »
Well stated Fly, but you were not the only one that had sent letters.

You couldn't just let me have a little slice of happiness, could you?  ;D

I suppose you are correct.  I take back my strutting and fanning of my tail feathers.

Fly

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »
Fly with out dought you are the recruitment man.
Were you an Army recruiter in a past life?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:39:42 PM by Randy »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 01:34:14 PM »
GO ARMY!

No.  Sadly I never served.

Fly

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
How about this .......  Anti Second Amendment..........The Omaha City Council  >:(
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
When I contacted the Douglas Theater group, I was also thanked for my concerns and told that though they realized the signs were not effective for their intended purpose, it was the insurance rates that they based their decisions on.  Apparently, the insurance companies feel that if the signs are up, the company may avoid some liabilty for any shooting that takes place in the establishment.  Insurance rates translate into ticket prices, ticket prices into attendance figures, attendance figures into gross revenue.  Though I'm pleased with the signs coming down, I can't say that I blame Douglas for their actions.  What would you do?
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »
What would you do?

Get another insurance company, and I'm not being glib.  There are thousands of businesses that apparently have a different insurer.

Fly

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
I can and do blame Douglas for there actions. They could have gone to a different Ins. Provider and told there current to pound sand.

What would you do if your Ins. Co. pissed you off.
There are multiple Insurance companies in this country.
When I contacted the Douglas Theater group, I was also thanked for my concerns and told that though they realized the signs were not effective for their intended purpose, it was the insurance rates that they based their decisions on.  Apparently, the insurance companies feel that if the signs are up, the company may avoid some liabilty for any shooting that takes place in the establishment.  Insurance rates translate into ticket prices, ticket prices into attendance figures, attendance figures into gross revenue.  Though I'm pleased with the signs coming down, I can't say that I blame Douglas for their actions.  What would you do?

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »
I tend to agree with Randy here. I would like to see the posting of the green circle with the pistol in it posted all over town(s) !

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 03:14:07 AM »
Yes, the businesses should get a different insurer. Also Nebraska laws should be molded after the Texas laws: A business has a right to post, but if they post they are liable and responsible for the safety of all their guests and people on their property, since by posting they took away the ability of the public to protect itself. Hence, you don't see alot of signs in Texas.

By the way very nicely written letter OntheFly.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »
The Bosselmans at Elm Creek is also posted, and outside of the state, I was shocked to see the Taco Bell in Holton, Ks posted...