< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101195 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Bosselman's has ordered removal of  all signs according to an email from  their owner. Let me know if you see any signs in their stations

I'll check around the west. If this is true, I will start buying gas and goodies there again.

Dan, did we contact them about this? Why the change?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:50:58 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
in Lincoln, LaPaz (mexican place entirely owned & operated by white people) is posted... kinda bummer about that one.

we really need to organize a campaign by city targeting places that really shouldn't be posted.  maybe target 10-20 companies in each city....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »
Bosselman's has ordered removal of  all signs according to an email from  their owner. Let me know if you see any signs in their stations

A member from Elm Creek asked them about the signs and they reviewed and found that not all had been taken down. Then the boss got wind of it, and sent out someone to make sure that all their facilities signs had been removed.

I am acting a little on faith here...if any NFOA member finds out these signs have not been removed , please let me know right away.

I'll check around the west. If this is true, I will start buying gas and goodies there again.

Dan, did we contact them about this? Why the change?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »
in Lincoln, LaPaz (mexican place entirely owned & operated by white people) is posted... kinda bummer about that one.

we really need to organize a campaign by city targeting places that really shouldn't be posted.  maybe target 10-20 companies in each city....

I think the color of the owners is irrelevant , just eat elsehwhere... I like Tico's...never been a sign there
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 06:54:23 AM »
No Frills Supermarkets in Bellevue (1510 Harlan Drive and 909 Fort Crook Road North) are posted for no handguns.

Also the Taco Johns at 1314 Harlan Drive in Bellevue (same shopping center as the No Frills) is posted.

Update 11/29/09: The Taco Johns was not posted when I was there today. I don't know why they removed it but I'm happy as it's one of my wife's favorite fast-food joints so I have to go in there sometimes.  :)

The No-Frills at 84th and Giles is posted no carry, but you really have to look for the sign.  Its a small 2 inch by 3 inch tall sign tucked away in the corner of one window.  Only one sign, and small enough to miss if one is not looking closely for it. 

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2009, 09:44:15 AM »

No Frills Supermarkets in Bellevue (1510 Harlan Drive and 909 Fort Crook Road North) are posted for no handguns.

Also the Taco Johns at 1314 Harlan Drive in Bellevue (same shopping center as the No Frills) is posted.

Update 11/29/09: The Taco Johns was not posted when I was there today. I don't know why they removed it but I'm happy as it's one of my wife's favorite fast-food joints so I have to go in there sometimes.  :)

The No-Frills at 84th and Giles is posted no carry, but you really have to look for the sign.  Its a small 2 inch by 3 inch tall sign tucked away in the corner of one window.  Only one sign, and small enough to miss if one is not looking closely for it. 

Ron

Is the word "conspicuously" not in the Law?  Does it mean anything?  In the world I live in, "conspicous" means "easily seen or noticed, or attracting attention"....... if I have to look for it, it ain't conspicous.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2009, 02:21:28 PM »
Yes "conspicuously" is in the law.  I'm not going to advise you to ignore the legally insufficient sign. If you do and you get a ticket that will have to be your defense.  Remember though, an untested defense is almost as good as no defense at all, so the only ones that will get rich from your mistake is the criminal defense lawyer (not my specialty).  However, since you know about the sign, conspicuous or not, you are on notice so, your defense just slipped a few more notches.

I know I've walked into a store where the sign wasn't posted well, and I saw it on a later visit.  Almost walked into the bank today with my concealed weapon.  Didn't feel safe going naked, and didn't want to be inconvenienced walking back to the truck, locking up my weapon, then going back to the bank unarmed, so I just got back into my truck and took care of business at the drive through and didn't care that the people behind me were inconvenienced because my transaction took a long time.

As our organization and the number of CCWs grows, we will become a force to be reckoned with, until then, keep handing out the cards and taking your business elsewhere.
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »
This is posted under "Prohibited Places And Premises"

018.01G Financial institutions as defined by Nebraska Revised Statutes
? 8-101(12);

This is the definition:
018.02 A financial institution, notwithstanding Section 018.01G above, may
authorize its security personnel to carry a concealed handgun while on duty so
long as the security personnel have a concealed handgun permit and are in
compliance with the law.

The way I read this is that it is illegal to carry a concealed gun in a bank in Nebraska unless you are security. I also read somewhere that it is a federal law if the bank is FDIC insured.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:31:46 PM by DaveB »

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2009, 05:05:29 AM »

Ron

Is the word "conspicuously" not in the Law?  Does it mean anything?  In the world I live in, "conspicous" means "easily seen or noticed, or attracting attention"....... if I have to look for it, it ain't conspicous.

Not sure if No-Frills really cares about what the law says, seems that they all have signs posted (at least from what I read here).  I dont have my CCW yet (applied last Friday), but I do notice that I am looking for the sign more and more now days.  Time to get some cards printed I guess.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »
Perhaps I don't want to know the answer to this question.
I went to Westroads Mall yesterday and looked for "No CCW" signage and I could not find it. As an out of towner, it was not on the main entrance doors, not on Von Mauer doors, and I didn't see it in the parking lot. I didn't see it anywhere.
Is it posted somewhere?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
Can we agree that we are under  no obligation to go above and  beyond the law in disarming ourselves?

Conspicuous signage  is required. If you have to go looking for it then it by definition is not meeting the requirements set out in the law.

I will not waste any more of my time in an attempt to disqualify my self from the benefit of armed self defense.

When I walk through the door, and no conspicuous signage is present ,I feel confident that I have met my obligation, and until I am informed differently by the management, I feel that I have  broken no laws.

It is not my intent to ignore legal signage, but the burden of legally notifying me of a CCW ban  rests with those that put up the sign
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
I stopped at Ideal Grocery and Market at 905 S. 27th in Lincoln the other day to get some cheese and they have posted no carry signs. Too bad, I really like their cheese selection.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:57:57 AM by bbtech »

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »
I could agree more Dan. If the sign is not put up in the right place the burden is off my shoulders and is on them. If I don't see it where it is supposed to be then I also feel that I have every right to carry concealed.
 Furthermore, I was really surprised on my trip to Texas that I saw more No carry signs in Oklahoma than anywhere else. I would have thought they would be more pro then anti. Maybe I was in the wrong place. In Texas I have seen none. Kansas I saw one.

Can we agree that we are under  no obligation to go above and  beyond the law in disarming ourselves?

Conspicuous signage  is required. If you have to go looking for it then it by definition is not meeting the requirements set out in the law.

I will not waste any more of my time in an attempt to disqualify my self from the benefit of armed self defense.

When I walk through the door, and no conspicuous signage is present ,I feel confident that I have met my obligation, and until I am informed differently by the management, I feel that I have  broken no laws.

It is not my intent to ignore legal signage, but the burden of legally notifying me of a CCW ban  rests with those that put up the sign
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2009, 09:29:05 PM »
I could agree more Dan. If the sign is not put up in the right place the burden is off my shoulders and is on them. If I don't see it where it is supposed to be then I also feel that I have every right to carry concealed.
 Furthermore, I was really surprised on my trip to Texas that I saw more No carry signs in Oklahoma than anywhere else. I would have thought they would be more pro then anti. Maybe I was in the wrong place. In Texas I have seen none. Kansas I saw one.

I used to travel to Texas for work a lot and the only place I ever saw a no handguns sign was in banks, but that's the line of work I'm in so that's probably the only reason I noticed it.  I've always liked Texans, they're good people.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 11:36:21 PM »
This is posted under "Prohibited Places And Premises"

018.01G Financial institutions as defined by Nebraska Revised Statutes
? 8-101(12);

This is the definition:
018.02 A financial institution, notwithstanding Section 018.01G above, may
authorize its security personnel to carry a concealed handgun while on duty so
long as the security personnel have a concealed handgun permit and are in
compliance with the law.

The way I read this is that it is illegal to carry a concealed gun in a bank in Nebraska unless you are security. I also read somewhere that it is a federal law if the bank is FDIC insured.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

69-2441. Permitholder; locations; restrictions; posting of prohibition; consumption of alcohol; prohibited.

(1)(a) A permitholder may carry a concealed handgun anywhere in Nebraska, except any: Police, sheriff, or Nebraska State Patrol station or office; detention facility, prison, or jail; courtroom or building which contains a courtroom; polling place during a bona fide election; meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or other political subdivision; meeting of the Legislature or a committee of the Legislature; financial institution; professional or semiprofessional athletic event; building, grounds, vehicle, or sponsored activity or athletic event of any public, private, denominational, or parochial elementary, vocational, or secondary school, a private postsecondary career school as defined in section 85-1603, a community college, or a public or private college, junior college, or university; place of worship; hospital, emergency room, or trauma center; political rally or fundraiser; establishment having a license issued under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor; place where the possession or carrying of a firearm is prohibited by state or federal law; a place or premises where the person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or employer in control of the property has prohibited permitholders from carrying concealed handguns into or onto the place or premises; or into or onto any other place or premises where handguns are prohibited by state law.

Are you asking if you can normally carry in a bank/financial institution if it is not posted and you are not one of their security guards?  If so, then no.  It is prohibited as listed in the excerpt above.  Let me know if I am misunderstanding your question.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »
I agree with Dan 100%. Those who choose to carry are not the only group who need to know the law and follow it to the letter.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline hillbilly

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
Kabredlos at 156th and Q street has a hand typed  / written sign on the door stating no concealed weapons on the premises.  I just noticed it last week when I stopped in to get gas.  I've not contacted them yet

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »
Here are some business cards FarmerRick made up that you can use.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=1362028&da=y
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline son of liberty

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »
in grand island: valentinos on webb road. ampride on webb and old potash have the "victim zone"... i mean "no guns" signs up still. so i dont eat or get my gas there anymore.
we dont shoot to kill, we shoot to stay alive

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2010, 10:32:36 AM »
On the front page there is a link to the "Unfriendly Business List".

FastSigns in Omaha is listed there.  I think there are two locations in Omaha.  The one on 96th and L Street is not posted.   I don't know if there is another reason they are listed, or if the other Omaha location is posted.  I wanted to point out that I was in that area last week and could not find a sign on their window that denies carry on their premises.

Rod