General Categories > Carry Issues

Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing

<< < (2/111) > >>

FLUFF:
Bosselman's

The Truck stop at Wood river i-80 interchange and the Pump and Pantry in Doniphan are posted, We'll kind of posted, the sign in Doniphan is about 10' to the left of the entrance area. 

I guess I will have to get my gas and soda's elseware.  I'll boycot all Bosselman's

SBarry:

--- Quote from: FLUFF on July 10, 2009, 08:55:33 AM ---Bosselman's

The Truck stop at Wood river i-80 interchange and the Pump and Pantry in Doniphan are posted, We'll kind of posted, the sign in Doniphan is about 10' to the left of the entrance area. 

I guess I will have to get my gas and soda's elseware.  I'll boycot all Bosselman's

--- End quote ---

Great for a business who sells shotgun shells and hunting permits. "We will profit off you, but not welcome your guns." Bosselmans is an overpriced ****hole like Caseys.

armed and humorous:
The Douglas theater chain, at least some of them in Lincoln, were posted for no concealed carry.  However, since they were bought by Marcus, they have taken down the signs. :D

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: armed and humorous ---The Douglas theater chain, at least some of them in Lincoln, were posted for no concealed carry.  However, since they were bought by Marcus, they have taken down the signs.
--- End quote ---

May I be so bold as to take credit for the signs coming down after Marcus Theatres took control.

This is my letter to Marcus Theatres...

--- Quote ---Mid 2008
To whom it may concern,

I had previously sent this email to Douglas Theater Company of Lincoln, NE. Now that Marcus Theatres owns these theatres, I was wondering if your company could address my questions.

When I recently took my daughter to the Edgewood theater, I could not help but notice the "No Concealed Firearm" notice conspicuously placed on your door. As an informed parent of this day and age, I am concerned about the safety of my children. Much to my 11 year old daughter's chagrin, this was my primary reason for attending a G rated movie with her. I'm sure you are aware, there have been many events in the local and national news regarding mentally distraught individuals carrying firearms into known "gun-free-zones" so that they could massacre innocent people and be in the headline news.

While I believe your efforts to create a safe environment are of the highest intent, seeing this sign only brought questions to my mind. I'm hoping you can alleviate my concerns. Other than the posting of the aforementioned sign, what steps are taken by Marcus Theatres to insure that no weapons are brought into the theaters?

I ask this because the Westroads mall in Omaha, NE was a similar "gun-free-zone"; however, this did nothing to protect the victims of the recent shooting. I am concerned that you are forcing the responsible, law-abiding, adult concealed carry permit holders to disarm while doing nothing to ensure a mentally ill individual is prohibited from entering the theater with a weapon. Moreover, the sign which is intended to create a safe environment only advertises a killing zone to such individuals who want unarmed victims in mass quantities. In the absence of the sign, a killer will know there is a potential for the intended victims to protect themselves. If Marcus Theatres would still like to display a sign, maybe a better alternative would be one that read "No concealed weapons except for concealed carry permit holders".

It is my opinion that Marcus Theatres, by posting a sign in its current format, has completely accepted responsibility for myself and my families protection against such heinous crimes. If your company is not willing to bear the weight of such liability (whether legally, morally or financially), then I would ask you to consider letting citizens, who have met the legal requirements to carry a concealed firearm, be responsible for their own safety.
--- End quote ---

Here was their response...

--- Quote ---Thank you for contacting Marcus Theatres,

I am very sorry it has taken so long to respond. Your comments are very important to us. We will be taking the signs down today.

Thank you,
Bridget Hughes
Guest Relations Coordinator
--- End quote ---

Fly

Randy:
Well stated Fly, but you were not the only one that had sent letters.

When Douglas Theaters were purchased by the larger, Marcus Corporation many of the signs came down immediately as it is not Marcus Theaters policy for this signage.

http://www.marcuscorp.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version