< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 100793 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #540 on: April 02, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
StuartJ.. The south point weapons ban is line 12 or 14 ish on the white sign at most walkway entrances.  I should have a few pics floating around the forums somewhere. It is questionable if this is "conspicuous" signage and thus does it hold the force of law?
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #541 on: April 02, 2017, 01:19:35 PM »
Oh. Well I don't really walk around South Point much, just from my car to  Office Depot and from Office Depot to my car with the occasional stop at Trader Joe's which is in the same section.  And for awhile I was stopping by Scheels once a week, without paying attention to South Pointe's white signs apparently.

So isn't buying a gun at Scheels and carrying it out of the store technically against South Pointe's rules?  I've never actually bought a gun there, just looked and held a couple I knew were out of my price range, just day dreaming.  They had a Kimber 1911 I thought looked great. Too expensive of course even pre-owned. But somebody bought it.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »
A personal friend who is a NE county sheriff, wanted to attend the wrestling thing with wife and son in tow today at Century link but was refused entrance with his firearm. Was told policy allows no armed police on site that are not on official business or working contract security for the even, he spent his day in the motel.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #543 on: February 17, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »
I'm at CenturyLink for volleyball.  None of the entrances I've seen are posted. But it's on their website.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #544 on: February 17, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
A personal friend who is a NE county sheriff, wanted to attend the wrestling thing with wife and son in tow today at Century link but was refused entrance with his firearm. Was told policy allows no armed police on site that are not on official business or working contract security for the even, he spent his day in the motel.
Tell him welcome to Omaha, I guess if you aren't OPD you can't be trusted!!
Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #545 on: April 05, 2018, 12:12:00 PM »
Oh. Well I don't really walk around South Point much, just from my car to  Office Depot and from Office Depot to my car with the occasional stop at Trader Joe's which is in the same section.  And for awhile I was stopping by Scheels once a week, without paying attention to South Pointe's white signs apparently.

So isn't buying a gun at Scheels and carrying it out of the store technically against South Pointe's rules?  I've never actually bought a gun there, just looked and held a couple I knew were out of my price range, just day dreaming.  They had a Kimber 1911 I thought looked great. Too expensive of course even pre-owned. But somebody bought it.

You should stop shopping at Office Depot now as well. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laura-ingraham-advertisers-drop-show-she-goes-on-vacation/

Except maybe Johnson and Johnson I don't believe I give any money to any of those listed and pulling their advertisement and I won't start.  I'm still working on moving my banking away from FNB.  We need a forum admin to create a sticky list that gets updated with all the PRO and ANTI gun companies.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #546 on: April 06, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
I work at Office Depot.

They had ads to pull?  I didn't know such ads existed. Office Depot is terrible at promoting itself.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline 2550sx

• NFOA Full Member
NO GUNS AT AKSARBEN VILLAGE AREA
« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2018, 06:38:47 PM »
I noticed today a sign in a parking garage at "AKSARBEN VILLAGE".
The entire area is private property. including streets and is "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED"
with or without a permit.
if that is true shouldn't it be posted at every entrance to the area? where exactly does
Aksarben Village area begin and end. and shouldn't they post proper no Guns signs?
(dangerous gun free zone)
sorry i did take a picture of the sign but it's on my work phone and i don't have it right now.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:59:19 PM by 2550sx »

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #548 on: July 22, 2018, 02:46:16 PM »
I recently visited the New York Life office in downtown Lincoln (1221 N Street), the entire building is posted on the entrance door as 'No Guns'.  Maybe because one of the floors houses the NE Dept. of Justice office?  Either that, or it's just because of the building owners decision.  Not sure what policy NYL themselves have on the matter.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
Add Malara's Restaraunt in Omaha (12th and Pierce) to the list of posted businesses. I actually thought about pulling my shirt behind my holster because the sign specifically says "No concealed weapons". That'll learn 'em.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #550 on: August 12, 2018, 10:29:41 AM »
Add Malara's Restaraunt in Omaha (12th and Pierce) to the list of posted businesses. I actually thought about pulling my shirt behind my holster because the sign specifically says "No concealed weapons". That'll learn 'em.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #551 on: August 12, 2018, 03:22:28 PM »
I double dog dare ya.   :laugh: