< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Finally, some common sense!  (Read 557 times)

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
Finally, some common sense!
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
When I first read this story, I was shocked. I raise a young daughter on my own and being a gun nut has rubbed off on her somewhat of course. Though I help with hair dye and take her shopping for eyeliner, she is always ready to run to Cabela's with Dad too! She has shot pretty much everything I own, is extremely aware of gun safety and has proven herself responsible at the range over and over.

Yet, this original story sure had me concerned for not only our Family, but other responsible gun-owning Families with children. It looks though like someone else saw the injustice here and has called for an investigation...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/gov-christie-asks-attorney-general-to-investigate-state-response-in-boy-with/

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Finally, some common sense!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »
An incredible example of ignorance and over-reaction by a government office.

The entire concept that a child services agent could show up with police, decline identification and request a search of someones house (specifically for firearms) is ALMOST unbelievable. Although there are cases where childern need protection, there is also a lot of cases of zealot action by service individuals where the power has gone to their head.

Would be interesting to hear what comes of this...most likely will not.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Finally, some common sense!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:42 PM »
From what I read I would definitely say this is not the first time the CPS agent has used their threat of taking someone's children away to bulldoze someone's rights.  I'd like to see criminal charges against them as a result.