< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bieden has just guaranteed that the shortages will continue ...  (Read 1820 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUN_CONTROL?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-27-17-26-52
The White House also has been pushing for limits on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, but those provisions won't be part of the Senate bill. Instead they are to be offered as amendments, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says they don't have enough support to pass.

"That doesn't mean this is the end of the process. This is the beginning of the process," Biden said during a conference call organized by Mayors Against Illegal Guns pushing for the gun control measures.

"The American people are way ahead of their political leaders," Biden argued. "And we, the president and I and the mayors, intend to stay current with the American people."

I believe he  was right about the "American people are way ahead of their political leaders", just not in  the direction he thinks we are going.  His fellow Dems have their fingers in the air and they know which way the wind  is blowing, or they would have voted for Feinsein's ban.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Bieden has just guaranteed that the shortages will continue ...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »
His fellow Dems have their fingers in the air and they know which way the wind  is blowing, or they would have voted for Feinsein's ban.

My finger is in the air also, but it's not to check the wind direction :laugh:

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
Just when i though there was hope that this shortage would end....I see empty cans of powder in my near future
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:31:36 PM by altheman2 »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
My finger is in the air also, but it's not to check the wind direction

Does a tree rise in a forest if no one is around to see it?   :D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Does a tree rise in a forest if no one is around to see it?   

I don't wanna know what you would do with Ms F.

Keep that to yourself.

ewwwwww
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
Grey, your comments with the OP...well said.
Abafandr...rofl
I did a decent job of preparing for such shortages however when components become available again I will definately be purchasing more.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
"The people" Biden refers to are those who have been indoctrinated by the liberal press.  In the end it will be a matter of who there are more of, those who have been indoctrinated, or those who have resisted indoctrination.  As it stands now it looks like the resistors are in the majority, though only on this one issue. 

This makes me wonder why the liberal press was such an effective (and essential) part of the Obama reelection team.  But it does show the wisdom in waiting until after the election to begin the current gun control crusade.

From things I've read a lesser-known reason for the ammo shortage is the massive amount of it being bought by federal agencies with police power.  The NRA says this is perfectly legit and no cause for concern, but to me it still looks a little suspicious, especially considering the timing.  Does anyone know if this amount of ammo bought by the feds is typical, or is it greater than usual?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »
I've seen it projected that the ammo shortage is expected to be very long term.  I've heard that ammo companies are working 24/7 and looking for qualified employees. 

If this is all true, it would make sense that production facilities would be expanded and new ones would be built by enterprising entrepreneurs, especially with so many people also buying guns, and memberships in clubs with shooting ranges expanding.  Does anyone know if this is being done?  And if it isn't, why isn't it?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »
Does anyone know if this is being done?  And if it isn't, why isn't it?

How much money would you be willing to invest in a new ammunition company right now?

Will legislation affect ammunition sales? Will the fear that has caused the vast number or new gun owners to purchase dry up after the latest scare is over? The basic consensous if that there has been a 5 year buy up just taken place. If no new gun law is passed, sales will likely drop once people are comfortable again.

Point being there are too many questions that do not motivate companies to add infastructure or investors to invest. Companies will run with what they have, get the money they can make and maybe not be left holding the bag when the run stops (but the extra shifts will be looking for work).

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »
The basic consensous if that there has been a 5 year buy up just taken place

The NRA show on YouTube interviewed H&H  Sporting  in  Oklahoma City, the largest gun store in that city.  The owner said that after the Sandy Hook shooting and Feinstein's rate to ban "assault" weapons he did more business the following week than he did in  the  previous YEAR. He sold $20M worth  of inventory that week, IIRC.    Where his average customer count per day before was 200 he said he now averages more than 1,000 customers per day.  He said the problem is supply, and talking to his suppliers the crunch will probably last a year or more.